Thread: Remo Powersonic bass drum head (batter)+Evans EMAD resonant bass head=...

User Info Menu

Default Remo Powersonic bass drum head (batter)+Evans EMAD resonant bass head=...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6sHZXSTo4Q"]YouTube - Remo Powersonic Product Demo[/ame] (i'm liken it!)

couldnt find a video on the EMAD though sorry.

WELL, WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Remo Powersonic bass drum head (batter)+Evans EMAD resonant bass head=...

I have it. I love it!
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Default Re: Remo Powersonic bass drum head (batter)+Evans EMAD resonant bass head=...

Too expensive for me. But they do sound great. I roll up a hand towel and place it between the pedal and the head. I pack it tight for a dead focused sound and keep it loose for resonance.
    1971 Ludwig 3-ply Maple 7-piece shell set in Oyster Black Pearl w Supraphonic Snare
    1968 Mica-Sonic Deluxe 9-ply Luan Mahogony 4 piece jazz set in Aqua Satin Flame
    2004 Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz 7-ply Phillipene Mahogony 4 piece in Nitron Marine Pearl
    Lot's of old Zildjian A's, some K's, a few Sabiens, and a few Paiste

User Info Menu

Hmmm,
    Purdy slick!! Great punch too!
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

eh.. SKll ..I find the Powersonic to be waaay to stifling. -Les

User Info Menu

Good vid. It did a good job of explaining the features of the head, and letting you hear the sound. Thanks RSSS!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hmmm...I'm not sure what to think of the Powersonic still...

User Info Menu

I will admit I'm just using it at home, and it stifles just right for that!
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

remos attempt to compete with emad and superkick

User Info Menu

I think the Powesonic sounds a bit too muffled, going just on the video it dosen't sound like you can get much volume from the head, but I haven't heard it in real life
    Ludwig Accent CS Custom- Black with Chrome Hardware
    22 x 18 Bass Drum with Evans EMAD batter and EMAD reso
    6 x 14 Snare with Evans Genera HD Dry batter over Hazy 300
    12 x 9 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    13 x 10 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 16 Floor Tom Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 18 ^

User Info Menu

I just bought the Powersonic last night, I gotta say I love the sound it creates.

I was able to pretty much put it on and tune it to a pitch that i wanted with little effort. The only real issue, volume. Of course some tweaks and losening to my reso side adjusted that, so I now have a kick that punches just nicely, with good overall volume for the kit itself, that doesn't actually need any additional muffling (pillows, blankets etc...), it's pure bass drum.

This thursday I will get the opportunity to hear it miced up, and I can't wait!
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

For the record, it kills when mic'd. I use it on my SONOR maples and it works very well.
    Signature here

Larrysperf Guest

Mine is sitin in the box it came in didnt like it Nuff said

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ocddrummer View Post
    Too expensive for me. But they do sound great.
    It's about $40 - the same as the super kick II and the emad.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Those are too expensive for me too. Again muffling can be done for the price of a used towel with the same effect. I have a standard ambassador on my mica-sonics. The sound guy always looks worried. I put the towel where it needs to go and he ends up telling me how amazing and alive it was without being too alive. I've heard this repeatedly with this configuration from great drummers. So, for 20.00 I can get the ambo's(only if your brave), and for 30.00 I can get a Powerstroke 3(all 20"), The towel is free and I get WAY MORE sound options. Although I must admit $10-$20 is silly to moan over.
    1971 Ludwig 3-ply Maple 7-piece shell set in Oyster Black Pearl w Supraphonic Snare
    1968 Mica-Sonic Deluxe 9-ply Luan Mahogony 4 piece jazz set in Aqua Satin Flame
    2004 Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz 7-ply Phillipene Mahogony 4 piece in Nitron Marine Pearl
    Lot's of old Zildjian A's, some K's, a few Sabiens, and a few Paiste

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Remo Powersonic bass drum head (batter)+Evans EMAD resonant bass head=...

I dunno Im still usin an EMAD WITH FELT STRIPS AND MY EVANS "MIRROR" HEAD AND DAT BABY BOOOOOOOMS!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

I've found that the pinstripe, sk II, emad, powerstroke, etc are all around $40, within a buck or two of each other in comperable sizes.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....