Thread: Which one?

User Info Menu

Default Which one?

Hey guys I'm caught up in a little bit of a dilemma..I'm faced with a couple of choices for a new drum set..and I want your guy's opinion. would it be better for me to buy shell pack and get the the cymbals and stands later?
    Which one of these do You guy's think is the better deal that I wouldn't regret somewhere down the road.
    I myself am kinda leaning towards the first and last one.(either of the shell pack one's)
    Advice please?
    Last edited by drummer; 03-09-2009 at 11:36 PM. Reason: CL and Ebay links not permitted in DC.
    “One of my few shortcomings is that I can't predict the future.”-Lars Ulrich.
    “If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.”-Neil Pert.
    “You don't get something for nothing
    You can't have freedom for free
    You won't get wise
    With the sleep still in your eyes
    No matter what your dreams might be”-Neil Pert.

TERROROUS TENORS

User Info Menu

Default Re: Which one?

Personally, I would expect to get a better deal on the Pearl Vision kit. I would be very interested in the Pearl Session kit, but do I wonder why that one is priced as low as it is. Is that kit in good condition? The other kit is kind of a beater kit, so if you want something that you could gig with at some point, I would stay away from that one.

Just my 2 cents.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

So you think I should focus more on getting the Pearl Session kit rather than the other two? And just spend the extra money on getting the cymbals/stands?
    You won't get wise

TERROROUS TENORS

User Info Menu

If the Sessions are in good order, I say go for it. But I have no idea what these kits look like. I guess you posted some NO NO links earlier? :D

Sessions FTW!!!!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

I would ask a few more questions about that Pearl Sessions kit, because it is either a great buy, or it's a little dinged up, and the price reflects it. If it's in good shape, though, it would be the best quality kit of the 3. Of course, I was my personal choice on finish color too. What do you think of the color?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I would ask a few more questions about that Pearl Sessions kit, because it is either a great buy, or it's a little dinged up, and the price reflects it. If it's in good shape, though, it would be the best quality kit of the 3. Of course, I was my personal choice on finish color too. What do you think of the color?
    Not to mention that Sessions are no longer made, so if you have the chance to get one in good condition...go for it!!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

I just saw your thread, but because it was heavily edited, it's very hard to give any kind of opinion.

Maybe you could just mention the drums you are looking at without giving a link.

Dennis

User Info Menu

Well my first choice is the Session..but the only really problem I have with those is no hardware and the 3rd tom is a cymbal mount..and that would kinda drive me nuts..just something about mouting a tom to a cymbal that bothers me...idk
    and my second choice is the Vision set..
    But before I become a definate yes or no I will meet with the people selling them and check them out in more detail..perhaps see how they sound..maybe talk to the guys more about what heads sound the best on them and some other random questions I might have the time..

well if I do decide to buy the Pearl Session I'm gonna need your guy's help finding some good hardware(partically a cymbal stand that I could mount the 3rd tom to) and some good cymbals that won't break my bank,
    Last edited by Kadwell_13; 03-10-2009 at 06:34 PM.
    You won't get wise

TERROROUS TENORS

User Info Menu

What finish and year are the sessions? And are they SMX, SBX?

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Yea find out if the Sessions are birch or maple, that would be one deciding factor for me. I saw a beautiful Sessions kit in a blue finish at the drum shop I visit selling new for under $700 USD. The large 11 x 14 tom was also a cymbal stand mount. I never played them, so I can't really give much info about them. The kit they have was an SBX (birch).

I don't want to influence your decision but having played several versions of the Visions, I would probably have to pick the Sessions solely because of the rack tom mounting.

Dennis

User Info Menu

if youve got any shot at all with sessions, id pick them up