Thread: double pedal..

User Info Menu

Default double pedal..

Does it take ages to used to a double bass pedal?? i have a used one on the way a dw7000, do you use it just for fast bass or all the time, and what about the hihat??? leave it open? lock it down??
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Default Re: double pedal..

good question dude, i use the same dw 7002 pedal. it takes some people longer to get used to them, when you pick a setting that seems somewhat comfortable, go with it and let your leg muscles develop to that particular setting. this may take a little while, but if you dont keep changeing the pedal settings, you will get used to the pedal faster.

now for the hi-hat. a drop clutch is really good for anyone who has double pedals. that way, you can hit the drop clutch with your stick and close the hats completely down, then press on the hi-hat pedal to open them back up to where you like them for that great hi-hat *sizzle*. if you dont know what a drop clutch is or if you need to know who makes them, let me know. those things are great and every double pedal user should look into getting one.

User Info Menu

Exactly! +1
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I just bought some stuff today, and it COMPLETELY slipped my mind.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

I have a drop clutch for my hi hat, just as DD said.
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

Larrysperf Guest

Ditto on all the above Nuff Said

User Info Menu

Once you build the initial coordination and strength in your weak leg, any adjustments after that should take relatively little time to build up to. I don't know you personally so I can't estimate how long it'll take you at first, but I can say the more you put into it, the faster it'll go.
    I personally don't do a lot of plain fast stuff on double bass (most my blasts are single foot). I like using it for rhythms more.
    Hi hat... I've never owned a drop clutch or anything similar. I did have an auxiliary hat for a while but I found it to be superfluous. I never open my hats much to begin with so they're never open too far for playing them while I'm working away at double bass. It just depends on how you want to set it up.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

cheers for all your help..
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

it does when your used to using a single, and sometimes even two bass drums. its all different kinds of feel