Thread: A marching snare solo

User Info Menu

Default A marching snare solo

For my audition in April, I am playing Crazy Army and a solo I made up on marching snare. However, I need another piece to play. Can someone please help me find a really easy snare piece that is easy and not really difficult?

Thanks!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: A marching snare solo

do you need an excercise or a an actual piece also you should not go easy for an audition because you want to show them your the best.
    You can't change the past but you can always alter the future.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beetbox View Post
    do you need an excercise or a an actual piece also you should not go easy for an audition because you want to show them your the best.
    well, im an intermediate in music reading,so an actual piece not really difficult will do!

the entire process is rudiments,2 pieces on snare, a snare solo, piano,and timpani

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stokes View Post
    well, im an intermediate in music reading,so an actual piece not really difficult will do!

the entire process is rudiments,2 pieces on snare, a snare solo, piano,and timpani
    Crazy Army by Jay Wanamaker?

And is this a college audition, or high school. Odd, that no mallet percussion would be required.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spontaneous View Post
    Crazy Army by Jay Wanamaker?

And is this a college audition, or high school. Odd, that no mallet percussion would be required.
    No, by Ed Lemley(from Co. of Fifers and Drummers music books I and II)

This is for college and I will show some mallet percussion on vibes and timpani

User Info Menu

check out rowloff.com they have tons of solos there. thats where ive been getting my snare solos. if you want an incredibly easy one that ive played its called crash landing by marty hurley. its a rudimental snare solo and it is eaaasy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnare View Post
    check out rowloff.com they have tons of solos there. thats where ive been getting my snare solos. if you want an incredibly easy one that ive played its called crash landing by marty hurley. its a rudimental snare solo and it is eaaasy
    Great site.
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

check snarescience.com also..They should have everything ya need