Thread: Romantic Blues(Drum Cover)

User Info Menu

Default Romantic Blues(Drum Cover)

Hello Drum Chatters.

This was a difficult song for me. Playing to a slow, quite song, is a very difficult task(for me anyway lol), and was a good test of my ability to keep time and stay tasteful.
    Well this drum cover certainly did that for me, and overall I am very happy with the result.
    There are of course a few mistakes, But my feeling is that it shows how locked in I was with Garey on MOST of the song.On a majority of the song, you could not hear garey's original part, until the mistakes were made, I am proud of that. Playing heavy music allows for a few mistakes, but playing soft and quite allows for none, specially when you are playing to a prerecorded track. I am not Garey Williams, although I would love to be at his level, I feel I played the song to the best of my ability, and hope you enjoy it.

I strongly encourage you all to check out Ecstasy In Numbers(www.myspace.com/ecstasyinnumbers ), They are a local band in my area and they are amazing, Be sure to check them out.

The drummer Garey Williams(www.myspace.com/gareywilliams )is an amazing drummer, he is endorsed by DW, Vic Firth, Remo, Sabian and others. He is a master Clinician, and just a super cool guy to talk to.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN_y7SiUd_4"]YouTube - Romantic Blues By Ecstasy in Numbers(Drum Cover)[/ame]
    Last edited by DWdrumr; 03-11-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Romantic Blues(Drum Cover)

Some of your best so far shows that you can play the fast stuff and the slow stuff. I really really enjoyed that. Keep them coming really liked your fills on thatok Nuff Said

User Info Menu

Playing heavy music allows for a few mistakes, but playing soft and quite allows for none...

Kevin...that's a truth that far to many of us have yet to realize. There is no room for error when playing softly and slowly. I compliment you on your forsight and for making this vid. You did an excellet cover and you "Locked" in to the tempo and maintained it. If you want to have some fun while expanding your horizon at the same time, just play to this and make your own beat and fills etc.. Let your mind go and flow with it. It's a great tune and you can so many things with it. You are Da Man!
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Wow Kev, That was some sweet stuff.... another quality vid and performance.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Some of your best so far shows that you can play the fast stuff and the slow stuff. I really really enjoyed that. Keep them coming really liked your fills on thatok Nuff Said
    Thanks Larry. I am trying to gather enough tools in my toolbox to be able to play as much music as I can, being a diverse player will keep you busy playing, so I am trying to feel out all kinds of music, slow stuff, heavy stuff, bluesy stuff, acoustic stuff, I am learning it all, well trying anyway lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Playing heavy music allows for a few mistakes, but playing soft and quite allows for none...

Kevin...that's a truth that far to many of us have yet to realize. There is no room for error when playing softly and slowly. I compliment you on your forsight and for making this vid. You did an excellet cover and you "Locked" in to the tempo and maintained it. If you want to have some fun while expanding your horizon at the same time, just play to this and make your own beat and fills etc.. Let your mind go and flow with it. It's a great tune and you can so many things with it. You are Da Man!
    Thanks man. I thought I was going to get criticized for saying that, but in my experience it is very true. And you are correct, but I felt like I really wanted to play the song as close to Garey as I could, basically to test my timing, and I do think I did alright, but I still need some work.

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    Wow Kev, That was some sweet stuff.... another quality vid and performance.
    Thanks man.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Kev, Frank hit on everything I would have said! Awesome job yet again!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

hmmm, I respect your playing and videos that I have seen previously and this is not critisism but more of constructive comment,
    This piece has a laid back relaxed feel and the back beat needs to drawn back quite a bit. this is a hard feel to master , keep at it.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

2 thumbs up!

User Info Menu

Nice kev. Sounds real smooth and effortless for you. Good job
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League