Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitbuilder

User Info Menu

Default Kitbuilder

DW has a program called kit builder, you make your dream drumset and they tell you how much it would cost.

post a pic here with the price of your dream set
    Last edited by Dan; 12-27-2006 at 09:34 AM.
    "Bow Down To The Almighty Bunghole!"

User Info Menu

i can't seem to paste one here, but mine would cost $12k

User Info Menu

this is the one i have

i dont have a quote for it cuz i live in canada but i think its a cool kit im working towards it at the moment

pretty cool eh not too big not too small
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Nice set amputechture. I will have to build one and post it for you all. How did you transfer it from DW's site to here?
    Last edited by PokerDrummer; 12-27-2006 at 04:18 PM.

User Info Menu

copy the link and then paste it here.....but, don't they just quote you for the drums? I think you have to get hardware prices from your local dealer...
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Yes you are right BigTall.

User Info Menu

LOL...I thought that would work...but it doesn't....hey Amp, how'd you get that picture here???

User Info Menu

My DW kit is candy apple red laquer...you can see the grain of the maple through the finish.....I stopped at Guitar Center today to get a price to replace all the hardware on the drums with the 24k gold...lugs, hoops, tension rods, everything.....the guy told me around 800 bucks or so, so I think in a few months, my kit will have new gold hardware on it!!!

User Info Menu

That will look awesome BigTall. You will have to post pics when you get it done. I would love to see it.

User Info Menu

Gold on red will look so cool.

Hey, I'm not sure if you're aware of what goes into picking what shells go with each kit for the laquer finish. Not only do they timbre match them, but they color match them too, so you don't get one with a yellow tinge, for example, while the rest have a green tinge. To me that's so much of what you get with the DW's. There are features upon features that give them the little touches of quality all over the place that really make them a source of pride to the owner. Did I mention they happen to sound awesome?

User Info Menu

I can't get mine to copy, cut, get a link, etc.... and I spent all that time making it....
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

Here's a picture of my dream kit. At least as close as I can get it with this program. The color is Kurillian Birch with black hardware. Now all it needs is a custom cage from Fallicon Design. (which is no longer in business).... oh, to dream....

Last edited by METAL DRUMMER; 12-28-2006 at 01:29 PM.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    Gold on red will look so cool.

Hey, I'm not sure if you're aware of what goes into picking what shells go with each kit for the laquer finish. Not only do they timbre match them, but they color match them too, so you don't get one with a yellow tinge, for example, while the rest have a green tinge. To me that's so much of what you get with the DW's. There are features upon features that give them the little touches of quality all over the place that really make them a source of pride to the owner. Did I mention they happen to sound awesome?
    And they grain-match them too, so all of the drums in a kit look the same....for instance, you wont have one drum with vertical grain and another with horizontal grain.....I would like to get an 8" tom for my kit, and if I do, I will have to send one of my toms (probably my 10") to DW so they can timbre match, grain match, and color match it to the rest of my kit.

User Info Menu

how do you post the picture?

User Info Menu

Here's mine.....maple shells (duh)....Curly Maple Exotic finish, 24k gold hardware...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by BigTallG; 12-28-2006 at 05:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by METAL DRUMMER
    Here's a picture of my dream kit. At least as close as I can get it with this program. The color is Kurillian Birch with black hardware. Now all it needs is a custom cage from Fallicon Design. (which is no longer in business).... oh, to dream....

Holy crap!

User Info Menu

WOW, thats huge, lol......I didn't mean for it to be that size, lol

User Info Menu

That one above is my dream kit...here is my REAL DW kit, lol

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDrummer
    That will look awesome BigTall. You will have to post pics when you get it done. I would love to see it.
    I'll have to do some "before and after" pics.

User Info Menu

Picture this with the gold hardware on the drums......hehehehe....(yes, that's me, at a gig a few years ago)

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by BigTallG; 12-28-2006 at 06:21 PM.

User Info Menu

for future reference of ppl not knowing how to put there pic on the page

when u have ur dream kit made press print screen on ur keyboard or by using the toolbar above the www.dw.com part of ur internet browser

then open it in paint or watever u use and then cut it down to just the drumset

then upload the new cropped pic onto an online picture site like photobucket

paste the link onto ur post and voila ur finished

easy eh? lol
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

here is my current drumkit its getting there but slowly nothing metal drummers' holy cruddd

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

Mine will look something like this with the gold hardware....this drum is Cherry Satin Oil....mine are Candy Apple Red laquer, so mine will be a couple shades lighter....

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

sweet......

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

OK, I have hogged this thread enough. It's someone else's turn now.

LOL