Thread: LP Jam Blocks

User Info Menu

Default LP Jam Blocks

Anyone got or use a Latin Percussion jam block? I believe they do a high pitch and medium pitch, I was thinking about ordering one
    Ludwig Accent CS Custom- Black with Chrome Hardware
    22 x 18 Bass Drum with Evans EMAD batter and EMAD reso
    6 x 14 Snare with Evans Genera HD Dry batter over Hazy 300
    12 x 9 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    13 x 10 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 16 Floor Tom Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 18 ^

User Info Menu

Default Re: LP Jam Blocks

I think they are very cool, I don't own one but have played on one they had set up on a floor model kit and the drum shop. It's cool because they have it connected to the lower end of the hi hat stand and it has it's own foot pedal, which makes a very interesting way to play it.

User Info Menu

i love those things. my advice is get a rack so you have more places to mount. ive got both high and low pitch on backorder

User Info Menu

I've used all the LP blocks in the past, I prefer the jam blocks over the blast blocks. I played a pearl wooden wood block yesterday at GC that I liked a lot. Don't know the model or anything, but it was like a wedge shape. Sounded and felt great. I have a couple chunks of african mahogany and brazilian rosewood that I plan on carving some wood blocks out of.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    i love those things. my advice is get a rack so you have more places to mount. ive got both high and low pitch on backorder
    Yeah I've got one on order too, high pitch. Hey Mortal last time I looked yesterday you had around 400 posts and 514 today? Wow!
    Ludwig Accent CS Custom- Black with Chrome Hardware
    22 x 18 Bass Drum with Evans EMAD batter and EMAD reso
    6 x 14 Snare with Evans Genera HD Dry batter over Hazy 300
    12 x 9 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    13 x 10 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 16 Floor Tom Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 18 ^

User Info Menu

There are now 4 jam block sizes. Purple (XL), Red (LG), Blue (SM), and Green (XSM). The purple has a ribbed surface on one side to use like a guiro. They also have yellow and green blast blocks. A quality product and virtually indestructable. I have recent retired all of mine (except the red one I use to teach marching drumline) in favor of the Pearl Ash Tone blocks (what Gretschhead mentioned). They sound very nice, and not like plastic as the Jam Blocks do.

My review and comparison is here:

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...tone-9337.html

User Info Menu

I dont have an LP jam block, its unbranded i bough second hand for the price. But it sounds awesome! An LP jam block will probably sound better than that. Id go for it, useful for latin sorta stuff. Good fun!

User Info Menu

I have a LP Jam Block on a foot pedal to play while I am playing the djembe. That way I can get the bell rhythm at the same time. I love them.
    ---- If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum. - chinese proverb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    There are now 4 jam block sizes. Purple (XL), Red (LG), Blue (SM), and Green (XSM). The purple has a ribbed surface on one side to use like a guiro. They also have yellow and green blast blocks. A quality product and virtually indestructable. I have recent retired all of mine (except the red one I use to teach marching drumline) in favor of the Pearl Ash Tone blocks (what Gretschhead mentioned). They sound very nice, and not like plastic as the Jam Blocks do.

My review and comparison is here:

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...tone-9337.html
    I believe there is an orange one now...piccolo...very high pitch

all the best...