Thread: Buying on Ebay

User Info Menu

Default Buying on Ebay

I see a lot of people talking about buying sets on Ebay and looking through the Craiglist. My question is this. I know you cant get some good deals but rarely are you buying a set that is close to you so how do you know the quality of the set? How do you know your not buying a piece of junk that looks good in the pictures since that is really all you have to go by? Unless there is some other way of finding out. I want to know what everyone looks for when buying this way.

User Info Menu

Personaly, I prefer to buy stuff off of Craigslist as it is local and you can go check out the item before you pay for it. I have bought a few things off of Ebay and the one piece of advice I can give you is this:

Check the sellers feedback!

If they have any negative or very little feedback, I always read it to see what the problems were. Most of the time, it is just a shipping issue ("UPS said it would be here in 2 days and it took 3!"). Waaa! That's just the nature of the beast. If there are negative responses saying that the merchandise was damaged or misrepresented, I will not buy from that person. I do keep a list of who I will not buy from, so if I come across a listing for something I want and I see it is one of those people, I won't bother bidding on it.

I have not had any bad experiences shopping on Ebay or Craigslist. I have really gotten some great deals off of both. You just have to be careful and do your homework so you do not buy something that is not what you think it is.

Hope that helped a little!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Yes it did. Thank you 1DrumBum

jarhead Guest

i dont get stuff off ebay...id rather buy it new.

User Info Menu

Btw- Ebay owns Craigslist.
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LIMPy
    Btw- Ebay owns Craigslist.
    Wow! When did that happen???!?!?!? The guy that started the craigslist site, said he would never sell it out.

Keith