Thread: Protection Racket Cases

User Info Menu

Default Protection Racket Cases

Just thought you guys (girls) should know, Protection Racket cases are the bomb! I picked me up a bass drum bag and a hardware bag. The stuff is extremely well made with tough zippers and some kinda lambs wool on the inside (poor lamb) .

For their hardware cases they used skateboard wheels and it glides beautifully. The sales guy told me that they're tougher than the regular casters other case companies use.

More News at 11:00.

User Info Menu

yea i've always wanted to get some but are they not pretty expensive? For the the time being i'm to poor to buy any type of protection for my drums

User Info Menu

always use protection!

User Info Menu

unless you want to reproduce...music duh...gosh get ur mind outa the gutter

User Info Menu

lol well aren't we a funny lot

User Info Menu

we are seriously funny.....do you believe in oxymorons?

User Info Menu

I've known a few morons in my day.

User Info Menu

I use to have the fiber cases , but sold them with my pearl set. Now I cannot afford them. I will be trying out the soft sided ones. Probably the Gators and see how they are.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

I have a full set of Gator softsides and hardware bag. The drum cases are great, but the hardware bag only has a hard bottom on half of it and the handle on the end is at an awkward angle when you roll it. It's not a bad set, but I think I should have gotten a hardcase for my hardware.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Default Re: Protection Racket Cases

Drummer,
    i had recently bought a mapex saturn drum kit.
    The bass drum is a virgin 24x20. My old set, i had a 22x18.
    I had all new Beato drum bags for that old set.
    Needless to say i needed to find another bag for this monster of a bass drum.
    I came across the protection racket drum bags and immediately had to get one.
    The bag is very well made. Very glad i got it.
    The only thing is that it is a little snug. I have to be careful putting it in and taking it out due to the zipper teeth possibly scratching the lacquer finish.

Other then that , this bag ROCKS!!

User Info Menu

Keep us posted as to how they hold up Drummer. I've heard good things about their cases before. I'm using Protechtor hard cases for my drums and SKB for everything else, and I can tell you that what I have takes a beating and still protects my gear, so I'm happy. But I wouldn't mind getting another set of cases down the line, since I own mutiple kits. It would be nice to have a second kit in the cases ready to go.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Glad to see you back Norske. The Protection Racket cases are holding up pretty good. I don't use them on big gigs as I think they would get tore up. I just use them for smaller gigs around town when I use my vehicle. Anything with a band truck, I use the hard cases.

User Info Menu

Does anyone have any experience with the RIMS variation of Protection Racket cases? My floor tom is 14x12, and I accidentally bought the Protection Racket 14x12 with RIMS and it's absolutely huge! Not height-wise but it could definately feel more snug around the shell. Is it the RIMS that add the extra bit of diameter, or are they just supposed to be huge?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrenRich101 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the RIMS variation of Protection Racket cases? My floor tom is 14x12, and I accidentally bought the Protection Racket 14x12 with RIMS and it's absolutely huge! Not height-wise but it could definately feel more snug around the shell. Is it the RIMS that add the extra bit of diameter, or are they just supposed to be huge?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer
    The RIMS definately make the diameter bigger, by quite a bit. I bought humes&berg bags and if I remember correctly I had to go up a size in bag size for the drum to fit.

They fit like a glove.