Thread: Drum Reviews, purpose..

User Info Menu

Default Drum Reviews, purpose..

is the drum review forum only for drum reviews? or can hardware, accessories, cymbals, etc reviews also be posted?

User Info Menu

Default Re: purpose..

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    is the drum review forum only for drum reviews? or can hardware, accessories, cymbals, etc reviews also be posted?
    Anything drum related. The more the better!

As long as the review contains valid facts and figures and not speculation or hearsay, then any review will have value.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

MD, that forum is set up for those who want to "Review a Drum, Drumset, or piece of Gear," so hardware, accessories, cymbals, etc. would be appropriate for review in this forum. The only note on the forum is to "Please make the thread title the item you're reviewing and post an intelligent review, not just a comment." Review away!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i dunno, last time i did a review(pdp platinum series), people thought i was full of it

User Info Menu

i dunno, last time i did a review(pdp platinum series), people thought i was full of it
    Yea, but that had nothing to do with your review.

Sorry man, I just couldn't resist.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

what does that mean?

User Info Menu

MD, Lagerhead was just yanking your chain.

I think the problem with the PDP review was that people got the impression that the review came after playing the kit once at the store. I'm not saying that was true, but from the posts, I would say that was the impression that they had. People just want to know that if someone does a review, they have sufficient background with enough kits to make the review meaningful. I wouldn't dare post a review, because I only know 2 kits: the beginner ddrum kit I started on, and the Gretsch Catalina maple kit. I can only say how I like a kit, or not, but I really can't give a true review.

I would suggest that if you are going to give a review, you help people understand the experience that you have that helps you make the review. Just a helpful thought MD.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Naw, we just thought you were..................................umm..?...... ....................well..yeah.......full of it.

-Les

User Info Menu

If you had posted "hey look at this review I READ, nobody would care, but when another persons review it's claimed as your own, that's when people call BS.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

it is my own though.. i own one of those drums