Thread: Stick rebound on Pintech mesh heads

User Info Menu

Default Stick rebound on Pintech mesh heads

Hi: First post! I have a Pintech E-Jam kit with four 10" ConcertCast drums with the mesh heads and I am wondering if I would get a better rebound with another mesh head,I am thinking Roland. I understand that the Pintechs are one-ply and the Rolands are two-ply. I have them all fairly tight and equal, but when I bring my stick down from say 12 oclock to strike the snare, I was expecting the stick to bounce back up to at least 11 oclock,the stick only bounces to say 9 oclock. I guess it's like the rebound on my HQ RealFeel practice pad I am trying to learn the 40 rudiments and I find that the rebound on pretty well all the four drums is not what I think I would like, so has anyone changed out their one-ply for a two-ply and noticed a diff for the good? Maybe the Pintechs work backwards as far as tightening ( tighter, less rebound,less tight, more rebound?!) Thanks, Huck
    Last edited by Huck; 03-18-2009 at 07:34 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Stick rebound on Pintech mesh heads

the only difference is two ply is gonna be more durable, so you could try them when your single ply's wear out. you should know roland heads only go up to 12" diameters

User Info Menu

Default Re: Stick rebound on Pintech mesh heads

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    the only difference is two ply is gonna be more durable, so you could try them when your single ply's wear out. you should know roland heads only go up to 12" diameters
    Thanks! I am not too concerned about the 12 inchers,as I am using all 10's. I thought that since the Rolands were a little thicker, that they would sound a little better, more of a 'raspy' sound when the stick tip is rubbed along the surface, not like the sound I get now, much like rubbing across a plastic screen window ! Thanks, Huck
    Last edited by Huck; 03-30-2009 at 03:57 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Which Mesh?

There's also Hart's Mesh heads:

I am in the process of buying some for my Premier Kit...and it would be likely the Hart's heads (I'm just concerned on the most durable head for the kick).

- Leigh