Thread: Electronic bass drum pedal

User Info Menu

Default Electronic bass drum pedal

Hi folks!
    i know the loudness of the bass drum pedal has already been addressed. But my question is why dont kits come with an electronic bass drum pedal? The hi-hat pedal is electronic, so why isnt the bass pedal? I realize it wouldnt be a natural "feel" but at least give us a choice so we can be relatively quiet. I live in a townhouse, and I would like to buy a Roland TD-4, but the fact that it uses a real bass drum pedal is keeping me from buying it....I really dont want the neighbors to call the cops on me! I know the HD-1 has an electronic bass pedal, but I would rather have the TD-4.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Electronic bass drum pedal

Quote Originally Posted by skeets View Post
    Hi folks!
    i know the loudness of the bass drum pedal has already been addressed. But my question is why dont kits come with an electronic bass drum pedal? The hi-hat pedal is electronic, so why isnt the bass pedal? I realize it wouldnt be a natural "feel" but at least give us a choice so we can be relatively quiet. I live in a townhouse, and I would like to buy a Roland TD-4, but the fact that it uses a real bass drum pedal is keeping me from buying it....I really dont want the neighbors to call the cops on me! I know the HD-1 has an electronic bass pedal, but I would rather have the TD-4.

Thanks!
    The HD-1 Lite has a built in bass pedal (which sucks BTW), it still thumps pretty loud so my husband had to get a sound proof pad for my drums to sit on, it helps but I still hate the built in pedal. In my honest opinion, don't get the HD-1, stick with the TD-4, the bass will only be loud on the floor so you may have to get some kind of sound proof pad like I did. Really, you want to have the real bass pedal, going from the HD-1 pedal to a real pedal has been difficult for me, the feel is so different and I'm not able to properly practice with my feet..... I'm not saying I regret getting the HD-1 but if I had to do it all over again I'd get the TD-4 or TD-6. Especially since I have a brand new DW 9000 double pedal that gets none of my attention anymore .

User Info Menu

Skeets, get the TD-4 and get a real pedal. It's not THAT loud. Just don't place your kit against a wall that you share with the neighbor.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Electronic bass drum pedal

Yo Go Dc!!!!! Get Yer Pheet Back On Dat Dw 9000....
    "DADDY" SEZ SO!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA......
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

placement of drums and the way you play are two of the biggest concerns relating to noise when going electro