Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subrick

User Info Menu

Default Subrick

It constantly surprises me how some members seem to be on a mission to get banned as soon as they walk in the door. Subrick consistently posted objectionable material and was warned several times by more than just me. Today, he did it yet again... and that was the final straw.

http://www.drumchat.com/faq.php?faq=..._faq#faq_rules

User Info Menu

Default Re: Subrick

You gotta do what you gotta do Drummer. Nobody here expects for you to treat any of us any different.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

I mustn't be on here enough, he slipped right under my radar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redheaddrummer03 View Post
    You gotta do what you gotta do Drummer. Nobody here expects for you to treat any of us any different.
    agree totally
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

Larrysperf Guest

I know we sometimes tease drummer, but his hard work and hard job is not lost here we do respect what you do Nuff said

User Info Menu

everyone must follow the rules, its only good for the site.

User Info Menu

I hope I wasn't the cause of this, by asking those questions. Sorry Drummer if I caused you some problems, I was just simply asking a few questions.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    I hope I wasn't the cause of this, by asking those questions. Sorry Drummer if I caused you some problems, I was just simply asking a few questions.
    I dont think you were at all he did it himself but we get warned and if we dont listen well. Nuff said

User Info Menu

Its always a tough call to make , but if a members gets warnings then its time to change your ways or suffer the ending .

I still miss Shazane and RD , but that is what makes this the best forum on the net ( keepiing us in line ). I wish him the best . Thanks drummer , youre doing whats best for all .
    Last edited by gonefishin; 03-20-2009 at 08:55 AM.

User Info Menu

I don't think any of us like seeing others get "Banned." Some people like to push to the Edge without regard for others. I know that I did not like Subrick's Title selections and asked that he post other examples of his playing. Perhaps, in that regard, I may have pushed Drummer to act as he did but, I don't really think so. Tom knows what will "Go" in this forum and what will not.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Don't anybody feel bad or feel that you caused this to happen. I'm real fair but also pretty stubborn. I'm not easily influenced by others if I feel strongly about something. This guy had a pattern of rebelliousness and after continually pushing the envelope, I had had enough. Although it may have seemed like that last post and the comments there are what made the change happen, it was actually due to another thread yesterday where he ended his post with "666". I don't like to be mocked or tested. I don't have time to play games. He had several warnings by many mods over a long span of time and he knew the rules and what this forum is about. He sealed his own fate here.

The real shame is that young, misguided kids like him have a an opportunity in Drum Chat to get respect, support, and real friendship from one of the nicest communities of drummers on the net. I'm always surprised that they still feel it more important to promote their evil agenda. It's a shame.

There are a few others in this forum like Subrick that test the limits here. I hope you'll pay attention to this and learn from it. Life is what you make of it. You have opportunities in life that are like small stepping stones. This might just be a forum to you but it is also a vehicle for personal growth. We have many wise members of this forum that are always sharing their insights and knowledge about more than just drums. It is an opportunity to learn from these guys and apply their wisdom to your life. It can influence you, however subtlety, and possibly be life-changing for the better. Take it... eat it... seize it! Life is what YOU make of it. Everyone has a choice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Don't anybody feel bad or feel that you caused this to happen. I'm real fair but also pretty stubborn. I'm not easily influenced by others if I feel strongly about something. This guy had a pattern of rebelliousness and after continually pushing the envelope, I had had enough. Although it may have seemed like that last post and the comments there are what made the change happen, it was actually due to another thread yesterday where he ended his post with "666". I don't like to be mocked or tested. I don't have time to play games. He had several warnings by many mods over a long span of time and he knew the rules and what this forum is about. He sealed his own fate here.

The real shame is that young, misguided kids like him have a an opportunity in Drum Chat to get respect, support, and real friendship from one of the nicest communities of drummers on the net. I'm always surprised that they still feel it more important to promote their evil agenda. It's a shame.

There are a few others in this forum like Subrick that test the limits here. I hope you'll pay attention to this and learn from it. Life is what you make of it. You have opportunities in life that are like small stepping stones. This might just be a forum to you but it is also a vehicle for personal growth. We have many wise members of this forum that are always sharing their insights and knowledge about more than just drums. It is an opportunity to learn from these guys and apply their wisdom to your life. It can influence you, however subtlety, and possibly be life-changing for the better. Take it... eat it... seize it! Life is what YOU make of it. Everyone has a choice.
    Very well said Tom.

I had issues back in the day. I was given a second chance(Thank you Tom), because I learned from my mistakes. I realized that this is a genuinely good group of people that just want to support and encourage one another, and keep it a family friendly forum(which I really appreciate). When I was gone, I truly missed this forum a lot, I lost a lot of really good friends(which I am proud to say I have back and some new one's), and it made me realize how important this forum was to me and the members on it. So I guess what I am trying to say is, obey the rules of the forum, because once you don't have this wonderful resource and lose the company of such great people, it sucks.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Wow! Sad to read but he was pushing the line and if he crossed it, then you have to take the actions as you did. He has talent and could have learned from and shared a great deal with DC but he chose not to.

Good call Drummer and perhaps he will mature a bit and we will see him again.

Hey! now to more important stuff, Drumming

User Info Menu

I wanna get banned so I can have a thread dedicated to me.

User Info Menu

Careful, Drummer just might grant you your request

User Info Menu

Yeh i can see why you did it. Everybody warned him about the song names (me included.) Its a pity really, i think it was more out of naivety than anything but he did push the boundaries. Always a pity to see regular posters banned

User Info Menu

i was just curious what he did?

User Info Menu

Good riddance to bad rubbish. If you cant play by the rules then don't come out to play.

In fairness, he's just a dumb teenager. He said he was 15 in his thread about auditioning for some death band, so "judgement" was probably not his best attribute. I'm not flaming him, but seriously, we were all teens once and some of y'all have raised teen boys. It is what it is.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Our lot in life is not automatically cast....we do have choices, and if people choose wrong they have to deal with the consequences.

I'm behind this decision 100%. He had plenty of chances to make adjustments in his thinking.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

hey you gotta do whats best for the forum. i think drummer and the mods give plenty of warnings to you, maybe too many. but if you choose to ignore them and continue to be disruptive, innappropraiate(i know extremely bad spelling), and ignorant you wont be tolerated. i agree with drummer 1000 %, and you have to think about it like this: i was on a video game forum once where it was very exclusive and theay had about 50 mods and what would happen is they would ban people for no reason because they didnt agree with them about everything, and because they would try to find any excuse to ban newbie. i deleted my account from them. anyway we wouldnt want that happening to our great forum
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash
    Agrazian 10 inch Splash

User Info Menu

Personally, I didn't find any of his posts offensive. Maybe that's just me.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    Personally, I didn't find any of his posts offensive. Maybe that's just me.
    Xweasel, it wasn't really a matter of personal offensiveness, it was a matter of forum rules. Drum Chat is promoted as is a family friendly forum, and we sometimes get very young drummers in here, young guests, or even members that are sitting with their kids while the are in here. It can be a fine line, and we are not going to be prudes about it, but when warned that something has gone too far, it is expected that members will understand. When they refuse, decisions have to be made.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Well said, PB.

You don't have to like the rules or agree with the rules, but you have to follow tyhem.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

And fortunately, things like this don't happen very often, even though it can seem like it because it stands out so much.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!