Thread: More Soundclick Stuff

User Info Menu

Default More Soundclick Stuff

I don't know if anyone saw the area of my audio recordings.

The keyboardist in the videos, a second keyboardist and a guitarist were all in this guys basement writing originals back in 1980. They had heard about me and came to watch my band play one night. After the gig they asked if I would be interested in joining their project.

I said I'd give it an attempt and see what transpires. From this first encounter with the keyboardist that eventually led to the band with the videos....if any of that made sense.

So, in a nut shell...the audios you can hear if you click the link are the very first recordings with the original keyboardist.

Now, about the recordings. They were done in a sound proofed room built under the keyboardists garage. You enter from the basement through a soundproof door and here's a room the size of a two car garage ready for bands. These recordings were done with one mic in the right spot in the room and we picked up everything. Obviously, I was using my double bass Rogers. Back then I had no idea what tuning was...

These are also one takes...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=765739
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: More Soundclick Stuff

Bish, I enjoyed the tracks, very nice

User Info Menu

cool, thanks Bish... I especially dig that 80's synth goin on there. I grew up listening to my uncle play and loved to mess with his Korg synth

User Info Menu

Nice job Bish.. I played alot of stuff in those stylings back then as well.
    That took me back! ~Memmmreees

-Les

User Info Menu

Thanks, guys. I didn't think anyone read this thread.
    Signature here