Thread: Why does this happen?

User Info Menu

Default Why does this happen?

I log in, yet whenever I go to percussion and click on a thread then click view the unread, I get sent back to the log in page.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Why does this happen?

I haven't heard of that one before Envirodiver. I'll bring it to the attention of the administration to see if there might be some problem. Unfortunately, given that we all have different computers, it can be difficult figuring where the problem is. Is it only that one forum that is troublesome?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Me too. "The View first unread post" has never worked for me either.

all the best...

User Info Menu

This forum does some unusual things, depending on what browser I'm using. With Safari & Chrome it seems to create certain log in issues on both my computers, yet IE & Firefox are okay. Strange.

User Info Menu

I use IE and goto forums that seem to have the same set-up with no problems.

User Info Menu

Sorry Envirodiver, my wording got in the way. We are prganized into individual forums within the overall Drum Chat forum, so that was confusing. What I meant was whether it was happening in any other part of Drum Chat, or just that one specific section. I just want to give the administration as much info as possible.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I have major trouble logging in lately unless I have remember me checked. FYI use Firefox
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Some of these issue might get cleared up if you delete your DrumChat cookies.

As far as viewing new posts, that has never worked for me, either.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Are you all talking about clicking on a Thread to view the posts? I've never had a problem doing that.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

I cleared the drumchat cookie and my login issues went away

The first unread link on the upper left does not work, but if you click new posts, and then go to the thread you will have an easier time IMHO
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Just to clarify my problem: After I log in (which I have no problem with) when I go to a forum (and usually I just go to the percussion forum), click on a thread, then click on the "view first unread" button, it sends me back to the log in page.

It almost seems like the button creates a link to the log in page, however what I know about computers and forums you could put on the end of a drumstick (and still have lots of room left).

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I appreciate the effort.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Why does this happen?

I don't use the "view first unread post" feature, but occasionally I've logged in properly but when I go to view any page, it kicks me back to the log-in page...may be a glitch in one's own computer because it doesn't happen all the time, though...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck