Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mallet Mania!

User Info Menu

Cool Mallet Mania

Quote Originally Posted by da_drummer_girl
    I mean both mallets in marimba, xylaphone, and vibes, and mallets for cymbals and drums. They're just fun to use

And thanks for saying I rock bongobro =P
    Had some fun at my last drum lesson the other night...the dude ahead of me had been drummin' with mallets on set during his lesson...so I asked the teacher to let me play set with the mallets...threw off the snares and away I went on a Latin groove! (funny, too when I hit the crash on a missed shot, it sounded like I did it on purpose...)

Not quite ready to try it on bongos or congas, 1DB, but I'm addin' mallets to my stick bag...you're right, ddg, they are fun to use...they rock!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    Had some fun at my last drum lesson the other night...the dude ahead of me had been drummin' with mallets on set during his lesson...so I asked the teacher to let me play set with the mallets...threw off the snares and away I went on a Latin groove! (funny, too when I hit the crash on a missed shot, it sounded like I did it on purpose...)

Not quite ready to try it on bongos or congas, 1DB, but I'm addin' mallets to my stick bag...you're right, ddg, they are fun to use...they rock!
    LoL yay I was right There's so many things you can do with mallets, even if you want to get a wierd sound from hitting a pot! Works like a charm.

Thanks BB
    4-mallets 4eva!!!