Thread: We are auditioning...

User Info Menu

Default We are auditioning...

...a guitarist/vocalist this sunday. Well, I say auditioning loosely...we'll all meet up somewhere, have a casual drink or whatever, so there's no pressure on "the new guy". Then we'll head of fto the rehearsal studio's, have a good old jam and see where things go from there.

For thsoe of you who don't know, we did have a four piece line up - drum (obviously ), bass, and two guitarists/vocalists. But on the birthday gig we threw, the guitarists decided to have an ego battle, so I spent most of the night trying to hold everything together rather than enjoying myself. So we are now down to a 3 piece, having "kicked out" one of the guitarists for reasons we won't go into, so now we have a lead guitarist and are now looking for a rhythm guitarist and singer. Hopefully this guy will be the one! Wish us luck
    Last edited by The Chazbo; 03-24-2009 at 04:32 PM.
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: We are auditioning...

Quote Originally Posted by The Chazbo View Post
    ...a guitarist/vocalist this sunday. Well, I say auditioning loosely...we'll all meet up somewhere, have a casual drink or whatever, so there's no pressure on "the new guy". Then we'll head of fto the rehearsal studio's, have a good old jam and see where things go from there.

For thsoe of you who don't know, we did have a four piece line up - drum (obviously :icon_mrgreen), bass, and two guitarists/vocalists. But on the birthday gig we threw, the guitarists decided to have an ego battle, so I spent most of the night trying to hold everything together rather than enjoying myself. So we are now down to a 3 piece, having "kicked out" one of the guitarists for reasons we won't go into, so now we have a lead guitarist and are now looking for a rhythm guitarist and singer. Hopefully this guy will be the one! Wish us luck
    Good luck bro!! I have been there too many times...mostly with bass players though! I hope you all get it worked out!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Cheers, RHD
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Good luck brother, that stuff is no fun. Just remember your playing drums, and have fun with it!
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.

User Info Menu

I dont know about you but years ago (high school) all my band members were good friends of mine and now that i'm in my 30's and starting a cover band I'm finding no joy in trying to get band members. its' frustrating and aggravating to say the least. Between musical style differences, schedule differences and just getting the general run around I almost feel like it's not even worth my time anymore.

I placed and ad on craigslist looking for a guitarist and bass player stating that we are forming a cover band to do 80's-current rock and the responses I got were a joke, one guy doesnt know any hard rock only classic 60-70's tunes. another one only plays southern rock, bass player keeps sayin i'm trying to get to your place and then finally "maybe you need to find someone without so much on his plate" **facepalm*

hope it works out for ya

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fades Away View Post
    Good luck brother, that stuff is no fun. Just remember your playing drums, and have fun with it!
    Thanks, FA...we're trying to keep it as casual as we can, after all, there's no point in making something like this too formal or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadcam79 View Post
    I dont know about you but years ago (high school) all my band members were good friends of mine and now that i'm in my 30's and starting a cover band I'm finding no joy in trying to get band members. its' frustrating and aggravating to say the least. Between musical style differences, schedule differences and just getting the general run around I almost feel like it's not even worth my time anymore.

I placed and ad on craigslist looking for a guitarist and bass player stating that we are forming a cover band to do 80's-current rock and the responses I got were a joke, one guy doesnt know any hard rock only classic 60-70's tunes. another one only plays southern rock, bass player keeps sayin i'm trying to get to your place and then finally "maybe you need to find someone without so much on his plate" **facepalm*

hope it works out for ya
    Thanks, Quadcam, I hope it all works out for us too! The three of us have written a few songs as well which we are ready to record (apart from vocals and rhythm guitar), so hopefully this could be the guy we are looking for.

Larrysperf Guest

sorry to hear that but keep looking someone always turns up. Nuff said

User Info Menu

Ahh yes , the joys of finding the right mix..........good luck with the auditions ,dont rush into it and things will come together .

User Info Menu

Good luck, hope they're solid. Always awkward when you wind up playing with someone who is... sub par, but are too nice to tell them