Thread: Recovering Drums

User Info Menu

Default Recovering Drums

I was thinking of recovering my drums with some wild design. Is this something I could do myself?
    Drummer Chicks Rule

User Info Menu

Idk that sounds kind of Hard,But it could be managed I guess....

User Info Menu

What do you mean by "re-covering"? Paint? A finish ply material of some sort? If you are applying a "finish ply" material, it isnt that hard to do...if you're mechanically inclined. Give me a little more info on what you want to do, and I could possibly give you some pointers.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

sounds like a sweet idea...tho' BT ish right ..more info ish needed and we could prolly help you...tho i have a sneaking suspicion BTG's next move ish to tell yo to sell them and buy DWs ....lol...just messing with ya BTG..
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chiko
    sounds like a sweet idea...tho' BT ish right ..more info ish needed and we could prolly help you...tho i have a sneaking suspicion BTG's next move ish to tell yo to sell them and buy DWs ....lol...just messing with ya BTG..
    LOL too true. JK Big...lol

User Info Menu

Putting on new covers is pretty easy. A little time consuming, but striaght forward. Now, taking off the covers is a complete PITA and will allow you create profanity phases you never thought possible

I started a recover project, but after one shell it turned into a new build. I ended up buying new shells in the sizes I always wanted and then covered them. It took about a week to do, but they turned out awesome and have not a had a single problem in over five years.

Keith

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chiko
    ...tho i have a sneaking suspicion BTG's next move ish to tell yo to sell them and buy DWs ....lol...just messing with ya BTG..

You guys are too funny.....read me like a book, lol
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.