Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youtube - Frustration with WMG Police

User Info Menu

Default Youtube - Frustration with WMG Police

Hey folks I closed my youtube account. I had some great vids of my son put to music, many of you have seen them. The Warner Music Group warning was placed on my account and youtube shut the audio off. I own the CD and produced my own vid, yet youtube states I have violated copy right law.

I am not sure I understand this. Any Hoo, does anyone no a great hosting site that will not edit my vid because I use, Stepenwolf's Born to Be Wild in my vid? I find it interesting that my AC/DC vid was not muted when I played drums to it.

Appreciate the assist.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Youtube - Frustration with WMG Police

Sorry for the bump but I need some reply soonest. Not trying to take away for the other threads.

User Info Menu

I'll PM you

User Info Menu

Yeah I've had that problem. I tried uploading a video on Youtube, it had Beneath Teh Mire by Opeth in it. It got removed, due to stupid copyright rules. Yeah I own the Ghost Reveries album too.

I don't know how I will be able to get past it.

Warner Music Group are just being idiots.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

I hate to say it, but it's just like taping a major league baseball game. If it's for your own use, then they have no problems, but it is not to be shown publically, or to be rebroadcast. Other than for personal listening pleasure, you would technically have to get Warner Bros. permission.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Funny that one record company is going after people and others aren't. I hope this isn't a trend, because it's nice to be able to watch people covering songs on You Tube.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

I am going to try clipster

User Info Menu

This reminds me, about 2 yrs ago I was learning to play guitar and I was a member of an online guitar school/forum. While teaching chords and scales the teacher would use specific songs as examples and ways to practice those chords and scales while making it fun and it was great.

all of a sudden one day I log onto the lessons and things have changed, it went from "solo Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O mine" to "solo lick played in the style of Slash from Guns N Roses"

apparently they were getting threats for copywrite issues and had to change the way things were done, no more using specific songs everything taught is now "In the style of"
    Sometimes the copywrite thing is taken way, way too far.

User Info Menu

I mean clipser, my screen name is TazmanianDevil if you go there and have joined then you can re-vote for my drum vids and my vocal vids of which will be up shortly

User Info Menu

Wow been on Clipser for only half a day and over 650 people have watched my vid, way more then yourtube. I think I was at 100 views after 6 months. No crud comments either.

User Info Menu

Same thing happened to me on 7 of my vids, and now my brand new current 2 I just posted. I am also going to close my account, WMG has ruined it for everyone, just type in WMG in there search and you will see the 1000's of very unhappy people.

We are doing absolutely nothing to hurt there sales, if anything we are helping promote there artists, I know for a fact that thru my videos I have introduced several people to music they would have never heard otherwise, with the end result of them going and buying there music.

WMG is out of line and just being corporate bullies, and not realize how badly they are hurting themselves.
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

It's just part of the never ending cycle where people find ways to communicate and businesses find ways to charge you for it. Just wait until we have to pay postage for email...
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Last edited by CycleDude; 03-30-2009 at 08:47 AM. Reason: as a show of respect, I edited the post voluntarily
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

I agree, WMG is not helping there own cause.

User Info Menu

Because copyright wasn't enforced in the beginning doesn't mean that the owners of the copyright don't at any time have the right to enforce their copyright. Equally; because the others aren't enforcing theirs doesn't mean that Warner does not have the right. Whether we like it or not; copyright is in place to protect intellectual property. It is not up to us to judge when and where it can be enforced.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIDLIwlzkgY"]YouTube - Did You Know[/ame]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    WMG sucks
    Please don't talk that way in here. We're better than that.

User Info Menu

I agree Drummer and the laws have a changed a great deal as well. It used to be one could if they owned the album, tape, CD etc that the song could be used for private use i.e. embedding in a private video. What makes the situation a challenge is that the internet was not as prevalent then and mp3 did not exists. In one hand I understand WMG and other's position in the other it is frustrating too.

I tried to say the same to CD as well, not sure he realized what he typed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Please don't talk that way in here. We're better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    I agree Drummer and the laws have a changed a great deal as well. It used to be one could if they owned the album, tape, CD etc that the song could be used for private use i.e. embedding in a private video. What makes the situation a challenge is that the internet was not as prevalent then and mp3 did not exists. In one hand I understand WMG and other's position in the other it is frustrating too.

I tried to say the same to CD as well, not sure he realized what he typed.
    Sorry guys, My wife is in the hospital so my ire is up to begin with and I stooped a bit low there.

Still though, I understand the pupose of copyright, but nobody is stealing anything. We are simply making instrument cover videos or setting background music to home videos of the kids riding their bike for ther first time, etc.

We are not like Napster was in the late 90's. Like dwdrumr said, he turned many of us on to bands that we had never heard of and we all went out and bought a new album. I honestly have been introduced to at least 3 groups from Kev's videos that I'd now like to buy their music.

If anything, we are HELPING WMG boost sales in a bad economy by sharing these songs with each other in a non pirating format.

Whatever. WMG doesn't care. No sense arguing with them about it.

I love dc AND my friends here. Again my apologies to you all if I have been nasty lately.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

no sweat CD. I work for UMG and they all are hurting since the demise of records and cds. We are all scrambling to make money, and the good ones are coming up with creative ways of doing that. The bad ones are trying to hold on to the old methods and are losing We bought Sanctuary, basically a band management company and Bravado which makes t shirts. Now the money is in publishing, managing and merchandising.
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    No crud comments either.
    Now you have opened a door!!!! just kidding Taz,
    hey do you have a link so I can watch it?
    thx.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Rat,

Yes if you go to the drum video section and pick Tazmanai's drum vids you will be good to go.

CD Hope your wife is ok,

User Info Menu

Sorry guys, My wife is in the hospital so my ire is up to begin with and I stooped a bit low there.
    Sorry to hear about your wife CD. Hey, no biggie.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CharlyG View Post
    I work for UMG
    What do you do for them Charly?

User Info Menu

I R desktop technician, Mac and "PC"
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CharlyG View Post
    Now the money is in publishing, managing and merchandising.
    Moichandising! Moichandising! Where the real money from the movie is made. Spaceballs: the T-shirt, Spaceballs: the Coloring Book , Spaceballs: the Lunchbox, Spaceballs: the Breakfast Cereal. Spaceballs: the Flame Thrower
    (The kids love this one). And last, but not least, Spaceballs: the Doll

sorry, had to