Thread: Which Pedals?!

User Info Menu

Default Which Pedals?!

Hello there people, im new to this forum site and im looking forward to talking frequently on here. This site seems like a real cool site. well my question for all you drummers today is which pedal do i freaking get? Yes i kno its all up to me, and how i feel, but i just want other drummers opinions. I have two bass drums, so i need 2 pedals obviously, and i play metal/heavy metal/death metal/and a lil bit of hard rock like distrubed (dont mean to offend disturbed fans by saying thats the genre, im just not sure lol). So enough of all talk, so which pedal do you guys recommend? The Pearl Eliminator Belt Drive, Pearl Eliminator Chain Drive, the Tama Iron Cobra PowerGlide (or whatever other glide there is), DW9000, DW7000, or the Axis A Longboard. Lemme know. THANKS!

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Which Pedals?!

I use Pearl Elim. and dont think I will ever use anything else. Does all I want it to do. Nuff said and it is belt with red cam

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC. Glad to have you here and look foward to talking with you...as long as you stop putting everything in bold! -jk

What you really need to do is go try some out...that's the best advice I can give you.

That being said, I have the Pearl elims and I love them...but I also have some DW 5000s, and I love them too.

Also, try using the "Search" function on this site...there are tons of threads about this very topic.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

I have Iron Cobra power glide setup. I love the pedals, I had all 3 set up side by side when I bought it. At first I was leaning towards pearl just because I have pearl drums and it came with different cam options, but the iron cobras felt smoother and lighter to me and seemed to have a faster reaction time at the end of the stroke, I would have bought the pearls over the DW 9000 though if the IC's wasn't an option.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d4n13l0930 View Post
    Hello there people, im new to this forum site and im looking forward to talking frequently on here. This site seems like a real cool site. well my question for all you drummers today is which pedal do i freaking get? Yes i kno its all up to me, and how i feel, but i just want other drummers opinions. I have two bass drums, so i need 2 pedals obviously, and i play metal/heavy metal/death metal/and a lil bit of hard rock like distrubed (dont mean to offend disturbed fans by saying thats the genre, im just not sure lol). So enough of all talk, so which pedal do you guys recommend? The Pearl Eliminator Belt Drive, Pearl Eliminator Chain Drive, the Tama Iron Cobra PowerGlide (or whatever other glide there is), DW9000, DW7000, or the Axis A Longboard. Lemme know. THANKS!
    Welcome to Drum Chat D4n13l0930!

I can only say that Pearl Eliminators, Tama Iron Cobras, and DW pedals - 5000, 8000 (mine), and 9000 - are all good solid pedals. It really is a matter of personal preference, so you need to take some time to try out the different pedals if you can. I would stay away from the DW7000 pedals, as they are not as good as the 5000's. As to the Axis Longboards, some people do like them, but they are more expensive that the ones I have already mentioned.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Bein a po' folk myself, I bought a used Pearl P122TW and I like it. cost be about $90, chain drive easy to adjust and it does the job.

Larrysperf Guest

Thumbs up Re: Which Pedals?!

Quote Originally Posted by Quadcam79 View Post
    Bein a po' folk myself, I bought a used Pearl P122TW and I like it. cost be about $90, chain drive easy to adjust and it does the job.
    Yes these for the $ are very good and stand up well. Nuff said

User Info Menu

Thank you all so much for the suggestions. im going to guitar center soon to try em out. then im gona buy em on teh internet. im going towards teh pearl elims or the longboards. not sure yet. keep the suggestions coming tho

User Info Menu

I've used and like the Axis A longboards, Axis X longboards, Tama Iron Cobra (powerglide), the Iron Cobra Jr.s were impressive too, Ludwig Speedking.
    Other than those some pedals I'd be interested in are the direct drive Gibraltar Intruders.

I've played Pearl Elims and DW 5000 and 9000 pedals too... I can't stand them.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat. I've gotta ask what that user name means? LOL

User Info Menu

Hey d4n, Welcome to Drum Chat!

I use a Pearl Eliminator dual chain single pedal, and it offers a tremendous amount of adjustability. It's also one very smooth pedal. I don't have experience with all of the ones you mentioned, but I also have a Yamaha dual chain single pedal (I think it's an FP9315), and although it doesn't have as many adjustment options as the Pearl, I really like it. It does have an adjustable footboard, and again it's incredibly smooth.

There are a lot of good pedals out there though, and a lot of personal preference, so I have to agree with trying out as many as you can and finding out what's most comfortable for you. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

My tip:

Get anything as long as it's not Pulse!
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Welcome to DrumChat!

Alot of great suggestions, I have owned a few of the ones mentioned.

I now have a Yamaha Flying dragon chain drive single..Amazingly smooth and fast!

-Les

User Info Menu

The Yamaha 700 series pedal is smooth and very fast, and really really sturdy,Ive had mine for over 20 years.they aslo make 800 and 900 series, but the dollars start to climb. I recently switched to a set of Iron cobra power glides, they are a heavier based pedal, but they do pack a whallop and great speed and smoothness.
    I tested a lot of pedals before I bought the tama's, A close second was the pearl elim.
    Its personal preferance but if you like the feel of the pearl the price and quality make them a fantastic choice.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

I've tried them all except the Axis and went with Iron Cobras

User Info Menu

Pearl Eliminator dual chain or the Tama Iron Cobra dual chain rolling glide. Both inexpensive, yet will last forever. I am a metal drummer of 25 years and have never had a single problem with my Tama Iron cobra double pedal( owned for 10 years) or my Pearl dual chain single pedals(owned for 15 years). Only had to replace pedal springs on all pedals once( stretching).
    A good drummer will sound good on anything(even stock drum heads). A bad drummer will sound bad on anything.

User Info Menu

i hope im not too late...my advice is dont buy the duelist!! hahaha

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum Mr.d4n13l0930!
    Your letters are hurting my eyes. Please refrain from such garishness in the future.

User Info Menu

hey guys. haha dude how does it hurt your eyes? lol im 13 and im fine wiht it. ill change it. anwyays. im probably going to go with the iron cobras. and mabey buy a pearl eliminator just in case. and wats duelist?

User Info Menu

Duelists are very very high end pedals, our resident Wizard SWD has a duelist triple pedal you can look it up on here and see the thread. Good pick on the IC's I have a set and I have never regretted it. Make sure you adjust them well when you buy them.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

ohhh yeah i know what they are. i forgot about them for a minute lol. yea those are freaking awesome . they look aamzing. cuz u can make them a single, double, or triple pedal. and two single . its aesome