Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drum line film

User Info Menu

Default drum line film

Did nick canon actually all that in the movie, drum line?
    Hope this question makes sense as i am not a drumline player!

User Info Menu

i mean did nick canon play all thos stuffs on the drum line movie or was he just miming

jarhead Guest

yeah...i think he did,but they may have playrd it slow then sped the movie up...

User Info Menu

i think that he was miming but who knows

User Info Menu

Ya I think he said he did some of the easy stuff, but some stuff he didn't know he just mimed.

User Info Menu

no actually he played it all....they had to go to special camps and so forth to get it all done for months and months before filming....in actuiality none of what he played was really difficult so it shouldnt have took that much time to learn...

User Info Menu

and how do we know this and was that an actual marchind band or what

User Info Menu

well mayb bcos i am not a drumline player, i think what they played there was really MAD!

User Info Menu

Here is another thread about this movie.
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php?t=32

User Info Menu

Yea, its like, a lot of dunks look awsome to people that cant dunk, but to people that can their not much.

I dont think that movie was geared twords actual drumline players, becasue the cadences(sp?) wernt that hard, and everyone knows, if you talk like that to your marshal, your in trouble

User Info Menu

be dat as it may, drum line was tight

User Info Menu

yeah it was

User Info Menu

drumline is more of paradiddles n stuffs, guess im gonna lay ma hands on it one of dis days

User Info Menu

Did any of you watch the movie??? It always showed just his hands or just his face. ANd the one time that it showed his whole body his sticks were like 6 in away from the head.

In response to what Sticktape706 said, All they taught him was how to hold the sticks and how to march and stand. That was about it. Most of the stuff in the movie was easy but it would have taken him more than a few weeks to actually be able to play that ****....
    What do ya call a drummer whos girlfriend just broke up with him???

Homeless.

User Info Menu

My drum teacher told me who did all the drumming for that movie, (it wasn't Nick Cannon). I can't remember who he said it was but I'll ask him tomorrow night when I see him for practice.........

User Info Menu

Ohh, so i just learned, one of our kids, hes our 2nd bass, but hes pretty beastly at the snare, (better then half the snare line)

But anyway, his brother was a pretty high rank in the line at morris brown, in one of the deleted scences, they show the morris brown drumline walk through the scene, and he was included, hes not in the actual movie, but yea

User Info Menu

if u look closely at the snares in the movie,u can see the sticks arent touching the head,it seems the stuff is recorded and then just mimed.im not sure though im not an expert on this.all the stuff in the movie was simple thoug.

User Info Menu

Just to put this topic to rest this is the REAL TALENT behind DRUMLINE.....thats right those guys on the movie didn't play crap!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw76SPj6V2k

User Info Menu

^^ yes they did, those drummers wernt even in drumline, those are famous set players for current bands, note why they all played match, and teh stuff they did play wasnt all that great

their was no real talent behind drumline, all it did in my opinion was creat biased opinions, and show off to non drummers and new drummers

"Sprinkles on a terd is still a terd, it dosnt make it taste better" - my band director

I guess thats what im trying to say

User Info Menu

I watched the movie and i think if you watch it with the directors commentary or one of the special features i cant remember which it says that the videotaped his faces and had a stand-in play all the music then edited all together
    MARCHING BANDS RULE

User Info Menu

CH33ZZ......I was trying to point out that Jason Price "The Hands of Drumline" was the actual talent behind the character Devon. He was the body double used to do the complex parts of the movie...Although Nick Cannon (Devon), did in fact learn a few rudimentary routines.

User Info Menu

ah, meh, the stuff in drumline was more to show off, none of it was really all that great, just fast, and full of double strokes, then layered with visuals

User Info Menu

Anywayz i thought it was great! Merry xmas to drumliners

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post
    "Sprinkles on a terd is still a terd, it dosnt make it taste better" - my band director
    Ch33zz, I really don't even want to think about how he might know that!!! LOL
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kord Jazz View Post
    Anywayz i thought it was great! Merry xmas to drumliners
    I agree KJ, I enjoyed the movie! Hey most movies are make believe, simply by the nautre of how movies have to be created. It's all fabricated to be as realistic as possible, but it's still make believe. That the amazing part of the movie industry. They do a pretty good job of making fantasy seem real.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!