Thread: music downloads

User Info Menu

Default music downloads

I have just purchased a Roland TD9 drum kit and I am finding it impossible to donload music to a USB memory stick .Any help would be very welcome. Thanks Drumman38:

User Info Menu

Default Re: music downloads

Can't you download it, then save it to your memory stick?

Are you trying to download from the 'net or do you mean you're trying to transfer it from your HD to your memory stick?

User Info Menu

Yeah... you need to copy the files from your hard drive to the USB drive.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Thanks for your answers.I downloaded from Limewire and trasfered them from my hard drive to my USB stick then into the Roland module but nothing came up.In the instruction book it sayes .Only audio files in the WAV Format can be used,but were can you get songs to download in that format THanks Drumman38

User Info Menu

If it has an audio in you can just use an mp3 or ipod?

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Othe than the option possible by rat, you need to convert from mp3 format to wav. There are dozens fo free converter programs out there, just google the following:
    free mp3 to wav converter

Pretty much anything that comes up will be useful. Be careful about file size though - wav files are significantly larger than mp3. For an idea, a 3.5MB mp3 file will usually go to something like 65MB in wav format, depending on the quality. That is why mp3 is so popular.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    Othe than the option possible by rat, you need to convert from mp3 format to wav. There are dozens fo free converter programs out there, just google the following:
    free mp3 to wav converter

Pretty much anything that comes up will be useful. Be careful about file size though - wav files are significantly larger than mp3. For an idea, a 3.5MB mp3 file will usually go to something like 65MB in wav format, depending on the quality. That is why mp3 is so popular.
    switch sound file converter is a free and easy one , even I can convert files!!

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Another program you could use is called "SUPER". The good thing about it is that it can convert anything to anything, so it will come in handy in lots of instances besides the one your in now.