Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mule Skins

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mule Skins

I cut the skin up so short you guys it's all mess.

I'm just chewing cud now and waiting for the standard Matador Bongo skin set from LP that I ordered. No stretching, no mess... Oh well.

LP Matador Quinto and Conga w/stands and matching Matador Bongos.

"Middle age is when you still believe you'll feel better in the morning."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BongoCajon View Post
    $ are tight right now. I wish I didn't blow it on the mules...

Bye the way...they had a white, light weight looking heads on them..very worn, soft to the touch...no flesh hoops...

Well, I will suit them up with the buffalo and make the best of it and call it good for now. Like BB said...lesson learned. $90 is a cheap lesson in life.

Thanks
    Bongos Don't have flesh hoops?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by luv4congas View Post
    Bongos Don't have flesh hoops?
    Oh.

User Info Menu

That's so bizarre, was it a matador logo raw hide head? I just watched the Lp drum head mounting video and they did a bongo and said it was the same process as a conga. What was the rim holding down? Besides that I'm really sorry that happened BC. I know El Greco isn't cheap especially when you convert dollars into euros, I was kinda shocked when he sent me a quote for some mule and I did the dollar/euro conversion.
    L4C

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by luv4congas View Post
    That's so bizarre, was it a matador logo raw hide head? I just watched the Lp drum head mounting video and they did a bongo and said it was the same process as a conga. What was the rim holding down? Besides that I'm really sorry that happened BC. I know El Greco isn't cheap especially when you convert dollars into euros, I was kinda shocked when he sent me a quote for some mule and I did the dollar/euro conversion.
    L4C
    I know. It was not an LP logo hide on the existing drum when I removed it. I hope I didn't throw the ring away but likely forgot to remove it. Yes, I agree that throwing out a El Greco skin was difficult for me and a wast of quality animal hide. I don't want to even think of telling him about the dumb mistake I made.

User Info Menu

Well, the mule skins are on the bongos but the bad news is the skins were to thick and I couldn't get the rings down over the rims no matter what I did. I tightened down two of the four pully's on each head and got the ring down over 50% and tie wired the other two pull downs cranking them down the best I could. I always seem to have challenges with new heads. Hopefully, after things harden I will be able to pull the rings down over the rims because I tried everything today. The skins simply were to thick for the tight Matador metal tops.

Well see...cross the fingers.

User Info Menu

Everything went well with the new bongo skins.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

BC the bongos came out nice! In about a month those mules should sound sweeeeeeeeeeet!
    L4C

User Info Menu

Looks nice BC, let us know how they sound when you crank them up.