Thread: Selling My LPs

User Info Menu

Default Selling My LPs

I know...I know what on earth?

Selling my 3 pc LP Aspire set already?
    Why you ask?

Well, I've been looking at some of those big and fat beautiful looking used Matadors for sale all over the place! Dreaming of a deep sounding 12 1/2" Tumba with a sweet Conga right next to it!

Ya! Ya! I'm losing it.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Selling My LPs

BC, you've got to go with the sound that will move you to play more. All the best!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    BC, you've got to go with the sound that will move you to play more. All the best!
    Don't tell my wife and kids I'm looking for a better sound they don't want to hear any.

User Info Menu

Keep you eye out for drums in bad shape but not cracked, I picked this pair of old school LP classics with rusted hardware and busted heads for $250.00. I stripped off all hardware, touched up and polished the shell, steel wooled and chrome polished the plates, lugs, rims and bolt heads. Soft wire wheeled the lug threads, added new nuts on the lugs and re lubed. Reassembled the hardware, added a pair of used heads and they sound better than anything on the market today. Very close to old gon bops.
    L4C
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by luv4congas View Post
    Keep you eye out for drums in bad shape but not cracked, I picked this pair of old school LP classics with rusted hardware and busted heads for $250.00. I stripped off all hardware, touched up and polished the shell, steel wooled and chrome polished the plates, lugs, rims and bolt heads. Soft wire wheeled the lug threads, added new nuts on the lugs and re lubed. Reassembled the hardware, added a pair of used heads and they sound better than anything on the market today. Very close to old gon bops.
    L4C
    You got a sweet deal on those! A little elbow grease goes a long way. I will be cautious in my next investment...thanks. I think I will do ok on selling these because they are the 3 pc set starting with the 11" Quinto and not the 10" that's a little small for many hands out there. I also have the 3 basket stands included which some people like to play standing up.

BC

User Info Menu

BC I think you are making a good move. A used set of matadors or classics can be found for pretty cheap and will blow away those aspires.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gretschhead View Post
    BC I think you are making a good move. A used set of matadors or classics can be found for pretty cheap and will blow away those aspires.
    I'm ready to step up Gretschhead. I have been seeing some good buys out there! Especially now in this depressed economy.

User Info Menu

That is a neat color.