Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather you like it or not...

User Info Menu

Default Weather you like it or not...

Have you ever noticed how much people complain about the weather? I don't mean to be a prima-donna but lately I find myself having a positive reaction every time somebody complains. For the last 50 times someone has complained about the cold, I've said, "Yea, but Spring is almost here." or "Yea but it's going to be above 60 degrees for the rest of the week." or something like that. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad. I just have no interest in being a complainer. I don't know where along the line I became such an optimist but I think it's healthy for us. I've had a tremendous amount of bad experiences and am even going through something right now that would be devastating to a lot of other people. But I just choose to accept it. I choose to not let it defeat me but instead only define it and then start looking for the positive. Its healthy... and if feels right.

The crux of this rant: I'm better than you.

No seriously.. you're quality of life depends not on your circumstances, but your outlook. Your happiness is defined by you and nothing else.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Weather you like it or not...

Tom, I'm still going to complain about the cold even though it was tee-shirt weather today. It was a cold winter and 18" of snow didn't help.

I have noticed that you have become optimistical AND a touch philosophical in your old age.

My optimism extends through living past next week, and my philosophy is "I think, therefore, scotch".

So my question is, "Where is Tom, and what have you done to him?"

User Info Menu

Geez. I complain when the thermometer hits the 70's!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Tom, I'm still going to complain about the cold even though it was tee-shirt weather today. It was a cold winter and 18" of snow didn't help.

I have noticed that you have become optimistical AND a touch philosophical in your old age.

My optimism extends through living past next week, and my philosophy is "I think, therefore, scotch".

So my question is, "Where is Tom, and what have you done to him?"
    Ha-ha! Rick, I work on being a better person as feverishly as I do being a better drummer. And like drums, sometimes I get it right and sometimes I don't.

I can tell you that I really like having Pastor Bob in here as he's a great role model. His calm and diplomatic approach to life is refreshing. It's got nothing to do with his Pastor title as I'm not a religious person. I just think he's one hell of a guy.

User Info Menu

The best part is when we get to the hot months of summer they will complain it is to hot. people are just never happy.
    Sabian!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HolyChina View Post
    The best part is when we get to the hot months of summer they will complain it is to hot. people are just never happy.
    Yeah, we get that all the time in England. People always forget it makes the rain much warmer.

User Info Menu

Yeah, come see me in August...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Yeah, come see me in August...
    I've only visited Texas once, stayed for a week in Austin just before and a few days after the New Year - loved it. Worked on a ship at the time went up the shipping canal and berthed at the bottom of 75th Street. Went to a place called Gilly's (If I recall correctly) found out I really liked country music which unfortunately never gets any airplay in England. Also discovered I will never be much good in a rodeo, I turned into a mechanical bull projected missile. Luckily the walls and floor were well padded. Great fun though.

The weather was glorious while we were there, most of time about 70 degrees during the day and a bit cooler in the evenings. Perfect. I imagine it may get a little bit warmer in August though.eh:

User Info Menu

I'm sure not complaining about the weather here today. It was 80 degrees F, sunny, warm and just absolutely beautiful day. Got the garage cleaned out and organized. Bring on summer!!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Ha-ha! Rick, I work on being a better person as feverishly as I do being a better drummer. And like drums, sometimes I get it right and sometimes I don't.

I can tell you that I really like having Pastor Bob in here as he's a great role model. His calm and diplomatic approach to life is refreshing. It's got nothing to do with his Pastor title as I'm not a religious person. I just think he's one hell of a guy.

No argument here with Pastor Bob.

User Info Menu

"...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Sometimes the weather report on TV looks awful.

User Info Menu

In these parts, for as long as I can remember, winter was defined as between October and March. Between those two dates it can be winter all it wants. I also know how much I despise bugs so I'm in no hurry for gnat/mosquito weather to return for its 6 months of intrusion. I'm very content now.

My only winter rant would be all the nuisance snows. 1 half to an inch or less every few days is ok unless you have a large driveway and side walk. I have a 2 stage snow blower for the 4" + snows we get but to walk all the driveway and sidewalk with a snow shovel 2 to 3 times a week is just plain annoying. If it's going to snow...let 'er rip.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Living in the "breadbasket" of America, the weather is a HUGE factor in everyone's life. Farmer's are notorious for complaining about the weather, but their entire operation hinges on the weather. As sophisticated as modern farming is, with GPS guided equipment and computer controlled chemical application down to the square foot, it's still all up to Mother Nature. Since almost the entire state economy revolves around agriculture, life is dictated by the weather. Just as it has been for centuries.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I lived in an absolute garden spot of Southern California for about 20 years. The weather was pretty good year round, and if it did get hot during the day, you could count on a nice cooling breeze right around 5:00 p.m. But even though the weather was good, people found ways to complain about it. That's when I realized that some people could live in perfection and still find a reason to complain, while others could live in the worst places and just make the best of it without complaining. As Drummer said, we can choose to be happy, or we can choose to be miserable. Me? Well, I pick my spots with both.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I live in the North my entire life and learned to live with the cold Winters. What is the use of complaining it ain't gonna get better lol. Actually this year was very cold because of the unusual Arctic Vortex that has come through here 4 times this Winter but we managed to dodge a few snowstorms. So those who live in The South should be happy with their Summer like weather year round.

User Info Menu

Your happiness is defined by you and nothing else.
    One of your best posts! I gotta remember those exact words when I'm feeling blue...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    So those who live in The South should be happy with their Summer like weather year round.
    I sure would like to know where that is....

Even in Northern California, it still gets pretty cold in the winter time. Not like below zero cold, but cold enough to create ice and freeze water pipes and such.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    I sure would like to know where that is....

Even in Northern California, it still gets pretty cold in the winter time. Not like below zero cold, but cold enough to create ice and freeze water pipes and such.

San Diego!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

San Diego!!!!!!!!!
    Awesome! But Southern California is a whole 'nother world from up here in Northern California.

I have heard that San Diego is really nice year round. I've also heard that you need to be quite well off to live there as well.
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

Awesome! But Southern California is a whole 'nother world from...
    I went to write that one day and realized that I couldn't write it! LOL (But you managed to!)

It then forced me to examine what I was saying and I realized that the phrase was a mutation created by, 'A whole other' and 'Another'.

So while this has nothing to do with the conversation, it gives me a chance to examine and analyze your writing style.

User Info Menu

I went to write that one day and realized that I couldn't write it! LOL (But you managed to!)

It then forced me to examine what I was saying and I realized that the phrase was a mutation created by, 'A whole other' and 'Another'.

So while this has nothing to do with the conversation, it gives me a chance to examine and analyze your writing style.
    I write a lot different on message boards then I do when I write things professionally(if that makes any sense). I tend to abbreviate or make up words just for fun.

Nothing snoo.
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

Tom is definitely writing a book about his exploits here at DC.

User Info Menu

San Diego!!!!!!!!!
    You rang?

Was around 90 this past weekend. Down to the low 80s today...(brrrrr)

User Info Menu

I write a lot different on message boards then I do when I write things professionally(if that makes any sense). I tend to abbreviate or make up words just for fun.

Nothing snoo.