Thread: Gig Preparation

User Info Menu

Question Gig Preparation

Hey guys I was wondering if you have any tips for gigs. Our first ones in a week and I was just wondering what I need to have ready.
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gig Preparation

What kind of gig?

User Info Menu

It sounds like this is your first gig ever? Very COOL!!! that is exciting

Just make sure you have everything, there is nothing worse then getting to the gig and finding you forgot part of your kit. also be sure you have a drum rug. It is hit and miss as to weather the venue has carpet on the floor.

Also be aware of how the band sets up. Get there as early as possible, take your time. Make sure you set up in a way the you can hear all the other players. This sounds simple but I can't count the time I have gigged and not been able to hear. I prefer the bass to be right next to me on my left. That make is easy to lock in with each other.

The most important thing is to relax and have fun!

Be sure to post some gig pics afterward so we can all see.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
    It sounds like this is your first gig ever? Very COOL!!! that is exciting

Just make sure you have everything, there is nothing worse then getting to the gig and finding you forgot part of your kit. also be sure you have a drum rug. It is hit and miss as to weather the venue has carpet on the floor.

Also be aware of how the band sets up. Get there as early as possible, take your time. Make sure you set up in a way the you can hear all the other players. This sounds simple but I can't count the time I have gigged and not been able to hear. I prefer the bass to be right next to me on my left. That make is easy to lock in with each other.

The most important thing is to relax and have fun!

Be sure to post some gig pics afterward so we can all see.
    This pretty much covers it all.

The only thing I would add is maybe take a practice pad to warm up on and stretch before the gig starts.

Grats and have fun!

User Info Menu

Good advice, a rug should be part of everyone's setup. Nothing is worse than having your drums slide around on a wood or tile floor. Try to develop a systematic approach to setting up and creaking down your kit, that way you won't forget anything. Oh, and practice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shooterman2 View Post
    Hey guys I was wondering if you have any tips for gigs. Our first ones in a week and I was just wondering what I need to have ready.
    Thanks
    WOW , .......your first gig , ..........you sound pretty excited, ............I suggest some depends.........

LOL...........just relax and have fun . ( ps ...you might still need the depends )