Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Check Yourself

User Info Menu

Default Re: Check Yourself

No it was the assumption if doctors can give it to you it cant be harmful.
    There are plenty of things docs give that can kill you.

User Info Menu

True, and the very fact that it's not over-the-counter speaks volumes.

User Info Menu

Alright fair point. I take back my statement about it being only positive, Everything has pros and cons all about balance. But I do believe all drugs should be legalized mainly because people will do them anyway, There isn't really a point keeping them illegal, Drug users who want help should be treated has patients not criminals.
    "I don’t think a drummer should have to show off to get noticed. You’re like the conductor of a train. You keep the train on the tracks – let everybody else worry about everything else.” -Nathan Followill.

Grear List
    Cymbals: Zildjian K
    15" Light Hi Hats
    14" Hi Hats
    18" Dark Thin Crash
    19" Dark Thin Crash
    22" Light Ride
    Drum Kit: Gretsch Catalina Maple
    12/14/20
    Snare: Ludwig
    Epic 14"x5.5 Soon to be upgraded.

Keep the Peace!

User Info Menu

By that logic, there should be no laws period.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    By that logic, there should be no laws period.
    Do you think its fair the the people who are addicted to meth and heroin but want help are put in jail with no help?
    "I don’t think a drummer should have to show off to get noticed. You’re like the conductor of a train. You keep the train on the tracks – let everybody else worry about everything else.” -Nathan Followill.

Grear List
    Cymbals: Zildjian K
    15" Light Hi Hats
    14" Hi Hats
    18" Dark Thin Crash
    19" Dark Thin Crash
    22" Light Ride
    Drum Kit: Gretsch Catalina Maple
    12/14/20
    Snare: Ludwig
    Epic 14"x5.5 Soon to be upgraded.

Keep the Peace!

User Info Menu

Thats not what I said. I said by your logic "people will do them anyway" there should be no laws period.

User Info Menu

I agree 100% with NR. We're talking about 2 different issues here. One being that all drugs should be made legal. That's just silly and as NR pointed out, you might as well say that should be no laws period. Second; of course people on drugs should receive help. But don't forget, a lot of these addicts are in jail not because they did drugs but because they committed crimes while on drugs. Either way, I'm with you on that issue. We should be spending more time and effort rehabilitating.

User Info Menu

I believe in punishment combined with rehab. And like my dad says there's nothing more rehabilitating than a hard days work.

User Info Menu

I think this topic should not be allowed just like religion and politics on this forum. Family oriented forum I keep hearing well this isn't. Just saying.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 03-16-2014 at 02:55 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrummingAllTheWayHome View Post
    But I do believe all drugs should be legalized mainly because people will do them anyway,
    Terrible logic. Does this mean that all crimes as now defined should be legalized because, based on this logic, people will commit them anyway? Good grief.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I think this topic should not be allowed just like religion and politics on this forum. Family oriented forum I keep hearing well this isn't. Just saying.
    I was thinking the same thing. This started out quite innocent but took a wrong turn. Game over.