Thread: Hardware cases

User Info Menu

Default Hardware cases

My hardware bag has seen its better days. I'm wanting to get a hard case, but at a reasonable price. What are you guys using? I need something big enough to carry five boom stands, a hi hat stand, and double pedals.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hardware cases

I have had and use an SKB hard case. It holds my 3 cymbal stands, double tom stand, 6 tom legs, hi-hat, snare and sometimes my stick bag when I forget to leave it out.

I don't think it's the largest they have but it works for me. It has an extendable tuck handle and wheels. It's seen more than its fair share of abuse from gravel to dips, cracks and uneven pavement, and many flights of stairs. I've had it over 10 years and have never needed anything more. I do, however, use an MF labeled "stands" bag for my 3 mic stands and my double pedal has its own hard case.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I use SKB cases
    Had them for YEARS

User Info Menu

Can't help. I use a soft case. Got tired of lugging 'the monster'.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    I need something big enough to carry five boom stands, a hi hat stand, and double pedals.
    I use 2 SKB cases to lighten the load. Stands and hihats go together and throne, sticks, pedals, floor tom legs, and snare stand go into the utility box:

User Info Menu

continued...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I use 2 SKB cases to lighten the load. Stands and hihats go together and throne, sticks, pedals, floor tom legs, and snare stand go into the utility box:

Mine is similar to the one on the right in the picture. Late, your straps are about twice as long as mine.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I always made my own hardware cases. 3/4" plywood , metal corners, and I put wheels on them. If you're moving your equipment in a car this method probably won't work out though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    I always made my own hardware cases. 3/4" plywood , metal corners, and I put wheels on them. If you're moving your equipment in a car this method probably won't work out though.
    wow I feel lazy now reading this... but no thanks lol I'll buy the plastic ones

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    wow I feel lazy now reading this... but no thanks lol I'll buy the plastic ones
    Spaz When i was playing out I had 3 homemade cases for my kit. One for all the hardware , one had my two kick drums , snare and cymbals in it , and the third one had all my toms 6" through 18" all even sizes. They were big and heavy but all on wheels and we had a 24' box truck to haul them so no problem there. I called them my poor mans anvil cases lol.

User Info Menu

I remember gigging with my first Tama kit and using the old fiberboard cases. Didn’t use anything for the stands, just fold ‘em and toss ‘em. Eventually, I even quit putting the shells in cases. Cymbals too.....which were vintage black label 2002’s....
    Youthful indiscretion....
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham