Thread: Fred Coury Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Fred Coury Cymbals

Anyone know what cymbals Fred Coury of Cinderella uses? Saw them live last month and he appeared to have a monster ride that I'm curious about. Looking about online I've found that he uses DW drums, but can't find what cymbal brand he has.
    You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Fred Coury Cymbals

Monster ride? As in the bell was huge?

User Info Menu

I know back in the day he was a Zildjian guy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stuperprohero View Post
    Monster ride? As in the bell was huge?
    No, the whole thing seemed enormous. Might just have been the angle I was seeing it from, but I was curious as to what it was. I'm thinking maybe the Paiste Big Ride, but he doesn't show up on thier roster or anyone else's that I've checked (Zlidjian, Meinl, Sabian, Bosphorus, Saluda). So either he's using something obscure or hasn't picked up an endorsement recently.
    they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

User Info Menu

I'm not sure then, last I heard from Fred Coury he was playing in a band called Arcade with Steven Pearcy from Ratt singing. But Ratt just recently released a new album(Infestation) with Blotzer on it. The Arcade album wasn't bad at all, neither is the new Ratt-Infestation.

User Info Menu

wow that name is a blast from the past same with Blotzer. Always liked Blotzers playing. What was Fred's kit? Double kick? He was a Pearl guy in the 80's no?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

it might be a van halen ride ,,, made by paiste
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

It wasn't marked or anything? That's weird.

User Info Menu

Hes playing an A Custom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    wow that name is a blast from the past same with Blotzer. Always liked Blotzers playing. What was Fred's kit? Double kick? He was a Pearl guy in the 80's no?
    He's with DW now and listed on thier site as an artist. I read an interview where he said he was using hire kits from DW as he went round Europe with Cinderella (with some random results, e.g. differeing kick drum sizes from gig to gig!), but brought his own cymbals.

Quote Originally Posted by atomcorr2 View Post
    it might be a van halen ride ,,, made by paiste
    That's what I meant by the Paiste Big Ride, one of their 24" jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ward View Post
    It wasn't marked or anything? That's weird.
    Might have been, I was too far away in the audience, and at the wrong angle, to be able to see. Sadly not a hugely high profile band anymore, so I've not been able to find any close up stage pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    Hes playing an A Custom
    Hmm, odd that he hasn't picked up an endorsement from Zildjian then. Any idea what size it was?

User Info Menu

Not really, Fred and Cinderella have been out of the limelight for a while.

User Info Menu

Cheers for the pic, from that angle the ride looks pretty normal so I guess it was just a trick of the light at the London gig.