Thread: Trading Down???

User Info Menu

Default Trading Down???

Would you trade down for a car you have wanted for a decade?used-2007-ford-mustang-shelbygt500-1186-16676601-46-640.jpg
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: Trading Down???

For a GT500KR....yes.
    The new GT may be a better car over-all, but it doesn’t have the collector value of the older KR. In 5yrs, the GT will just be another GT. The Shelby will always be special.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    For a GT500KR....yes.
    The new GT may be a better car over-all, but it doesn’t have the collector value of the older KR. In 5yrs, the GT will just be another GT. The Shelby will always be special.
    Brian, it only has 8000 miles on it. Supercharged 500HP 440ATW 1/4 mile in 12.6 at 113 with a 3.31 rear. Black on black with whatever was the Performance Pack back then. The list reads:

*CARFAX CERTIFIED ONE-OWNER, *EXTRA CLEAN, *LOCAL TRADE, *RARE, RARE, RARE*, *8,000 ORIGINAL MILES*, *SHAKER 1000 AUDIO SYSTEM*, *TUNGSTEN STRIPE PKG*, *MUST SEE*, 5.4L V8 DOHC Supercharged, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, 8 Speakers, ABS brakes, Air Conditioning, Alloy wheels, Aluminum Pedal Covers, Dual front impact airbags, Dual front side impact airbags, Electrochromic Rear-View Mirror w/Compass, Front anti-roll bar, Front fog lights, Front wheel independent suspension, Illuminated entry, Leather Shift Knob, Leather Sport Bucket Seats, Low tire pressure warning, Occupant sensing airbag, Order Code 820A, Power door mirrors, Power driver seat, Power steering, Power windows, Premium Interior Trim Package, Rear anti-roll bar, Rear window defroster, Remote keyless entry, Security system, Shaker 1000 AM/FM Stereo w/CDx6/MP3, Speed control, Split folding rear seat, Spoiler, Tachometer, Tilt steering wheel, Traction control, Trip computer, Variably intermittent wipers. This vehicle is located at 1114 Salisbury Rd. Statesville, NC 28625. Come see us today!

1 of the guys that works in the service dept. had some problems with his car. They told him to take something for a couple of days, guess what he took. It will be there tomorrow and I'll take it for a spin. He said that while my GT is fast, this car will scare me.

Who the hell knows what's going to happen tomorrow. I took my Eco-Boost out to see my friend in the service dept. and came home with the GT. All in 4 hours.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

8,000 miles?
    No question about it. As long as they are asking a fair & reasonable price. It will not be as “refined” as your new GT in terms of driving dynamics, but....it’s a true “muscle car”. 4200lbs of rolling testosterone.
    For what it’s worth, there’s a lady that follows our band who has a red GT500KR just like it. She’s single, about 35yrs old. She’s also a 2.5 on the “hot” scale and a 8.5 on the “crazy drunk” scale. Thank goodness...cause if she was 8.5 hot and 2.5 crazy, my marriage would be in trouble.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

$33,000.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

yeah that's pretty bad *** for sure.
    A much more attention grabber

User Info Menu

I was thinking it was a KR, but after looking closer, it’s just a GT500. Still, that’s a fair price with only 8K miles. I was just looking at one at Randy Marion Ford. Maybe the same one? If so, the pictures showed it had been retrofitted with a Kenne Bell blower...which (if done correctly and safely) would be a substantial boost in HP over the factory Ford unit. It could be well over 500hp. I would definitely ask some questions about the blower swap...just to make sure whoever did it set it up and tuned it properly. For that kind of $$$$, they should have all the info.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Sure, why not if it's something that you've always wanted.

User Info Menu

It is a Keene-Bell supercharger. I wonder why? You don't upgrade unless you want more HP, and you don't want more HP for no reason. The K-B supercharger installed is about $6K. Why spend $6K unless you are going to race it.

I'll find all this stuff out tomorrow (actually later on). I want the car, BUT, I'll walk away if it doesn't "feel" right.

He has a 2007 Shelby GT 500, 2 owners, 29K miles, red with white stripe, grey interior which looks like brand new. Stock supercharger, 6sp, all the goodies from 2007. 1 of the owners did put a Pypes exhaust. It's probably axle back, like mine, so that doesn't bother me. $30K. It's on another lot, Randy Marion has 7-8 lots.

I prefer black, but I can live with red. If you're going to have a fast car, might as well have 1 that the troopers can see from 30 miles away.

I also have to make sure I can get a warranty on anything I buy. I have (and paid for) a extended warranty that covers EVERYTHING on my GT for 7 years.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I think the K-B supercharger is a quality upgrade, but like you said, why spend the extra money if you’re not going to thrash it? As long as it was tuned correctly for the extra boost, it shouldn’t be a problem. But it does make you think....”were those 8K miles all racked up 1/4 mile at a time?”
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Go for it! You always wanted one right?

User Info Menu

No go huh???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    No go huh???
    Maybe he did it....and he’s too busy trying to peel his eyelids off the back of his head and Frosty off the inside of the back window!
    -Brian

User Info Menu

I was thinking it was a KR, but after looking closer, it’s just a GT500. Still, that’s a fair price with only 8K miles. I was just looking at one at Randy Marion Ford. Maybe the same one? If so, the pictures showed it had been retrofitted with a Kenne Bell blower...which (if done correctly and safely) would be a substantial boost in HP over the factory Ford unit. It could be well over 500hp. I would definitely ask some questions about the blower swap...just to make sure whoever did it set it up and tuned it properly. For that kind of $$$$, they should have all the info.
    The KR should never been put there. If you are going to call something the "King of the Road", it damn well better be. According to their specs, my GT would out run it.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I think the K-B supercharger is a quality upgrade, but like you said, why spend the extra money if you’re not going to thrash it? As long as it was tuned correctly for the extra boost, it shouldn’t be a problem. But it does make you think....”were those 8K miles all racked up 1/4 mile at a time?”
    I tried to get a look at the motor mounts. If you're hitting them with all that torque from a dead stop most guys don't look at them until 1 lets go. You can see unusual wear caused by getting hit with 500ftlbs torque all at once. Also took a look at the clutch pedal to see if it was smooth on the left side from hittin' and slippin', but the pedals showed almost no wear. What you would expect from only 8K miles.

Driving it was definitely a blast. Getting on I-77 the car went from 40 to 80, well, I'll put it this way, Chekov said we were at Warp 10.
    When I got back into my GT, it felt slow for a while. I have 485HP , won't even take a guess at where the Shelby's at.

1 last thing. The salesman said the car had 3.55's out back, but I think 3.73's might be more like it.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS