Thread: New Video! Daft Punk

User Info Menu

Default New Video! Daft Punk

Hey guys, finally got round to recording another video today, this time it was "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams. I love the song and the feel, just had to do a cover!!

Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Video! Daft Punk

Great sound and playing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    Great sound and playing.
    Thanks Shane! Means a lot
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

not my kind of music but solid playing brother
    i enjoy it

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

The whole kit sounded great, as well as your playing. I also enjoyed the monkey hanging from the cymbal stand.
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

Great cover kit sounds good, what snare was you using?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riouel View Post
    not my kind of music but solid playing brother
    i enjoy it
    Thanks Riouel! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed it even though it's not your music taste

Quote Originally Posted by imperialstar15 View Post
    The whole kit sounded great, as well as your playing. I also enjoyed the monkey hanging from the cymbal stand.
    Thanks ImperialStar! I couldn't help but get the monkey in.. it's spent too long away from the camera..

Quote Originally Posted by dabdrums View Post
    Great cover kit sounds good, what snare was you using?
    Thanks dab drums! I was using a 14x6.5 Black Panther Steel snare (the older range). I think it has to be my favourite snare.. I also threw some puresound wires on there

User Info Menu

You've got a very solid groove. The drums sound good too. I noticed you kind of put your head into your shoulder when you're opening you hat, and playing it with your stick at the same time. I do that same thing. It makes the hat feel real good or something. Not sure why I do it. Good job!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    You've got a very solid groove. The drums sound good too. I noticed you kind of put your head into your shoulder when you're opening you hat, and playing it with your stick at the same time. I do that same thing. It makes the hat feel real good or something. Not sure why I do it. Good job!
    Thanks a lot Lefty! Yeah, I've always done it.. I'm not sure whether it's to do more with sound or just the feel of it, or maybe both! JUst feels like a natural way to go!

User Info Menu

Good song for sure. I, too, like jamming to it.

Nice job drumming. Thanks for sharing.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Better than great. Some very nice playing there. I really enjoyed it. Please post more love a good drummer playing for the song

User Info Menu

Nice! I had to learn this song when I went for a band audition (didn't get it, oh well, lol). Good playing matey!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumsetsnide View Post
    Good song for sure. I, too, like jamming to it.

Nice job drumming. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks drumsetsnide! Yeah, it sure is a great song.. I just can't stop listening to it lately..

Quote Originally Posted by not him View Post
    Better than great. Some very nice playing there. I really enjoyed it. Please post more love a good drummer playing for the song
    Thanks not him! That means a lot! I always try to play for the song, and not just do crazy fills over every other bar (I save that for my own private practice ) I do plan to post more, just need to find some available time to record them!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Nice! I had to learn this song when I went for a band audition (didn't get it, oh well, lol). Good playing matey!
    Thanks a lot Drumbledore! And I've had pleeeeenty of audition rejections.. as long as you do your best, that's all that counts

User Info Menu

Good cover... nice hi-hat work!
    Gretsch Renown RN1 ~ Silver Oyster Pearl

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
    Good cover... nice hi-hat work!
    Thanks kickinit!