Thread: New cover - Katy Perry!

User Info Menu

Default New cover - Katy Perry!

Hey guys, just uploaded a new cover to YT, this time of Katy Perry's "Roar". I really do love this song, I don't know why, it just seems quite a powerful song to me.. Granted, half of the lyrics are"roar", but it works for me

I also used 2 snares for this video, the main snare on the kit (for chorus, etc.) is my 14x6" Black Panther (Steel), and the side snare (verses) is a 12x5.5" "Drumfest" snare that I won in a local competition. I used two because I wanted to add some power to the chorus', and thought I'd experiment with two snare sounds. I also played around with some EQ on the toms.. at first I changed them waaaay too much, so levelled it all and started again a bit more subtly.

Please let me know what you think

Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: New cover - Katy Perry!

see now this one I liked I also enjoy Katie Perry... I don't know why but I do. Maybe my gf is rubbing off a bit on me.. I just find radio music though to repetitive to play along too. After awhile it's just the same thing over and over and to simple since they never use real musicians or instruments lol Damn digital age

Nice drumming.

User Info Menu

Good job.

User Info Menu

cool vid, Great Job, your a bit close to the wall aren't you.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    see now this one I liked I also enjoy Katie Perry... I don't know why but I do. Maybe my gf is rubbing off a bit on me.. I just find radio music though to repetitive to play along too. After awhile it's just the same thing over and over and to simple since they never use real musicians or instruments lol Damn digital age

Nice drumming.
    Thanks man! I actually liked this song! There is just something about Katy Perry but I know what you mean about the average radio type music...

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Good job.
    Thanks man!!

Quote Originally Posted by markthechuck View Post
    cool vid, Great Job, your a bit close to the wall aren't you.
    Thank you! It looks pretty close to the wall actually when I watch it back, but I've got enough space for me
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Love playing to Katty. Was wondering when you were gonna go there . Thought you did great job. I really enjoy your videos. You are becoming a cool play it for the song drummer. Well done. Thanks for sharing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by not him View Post
    Love playing to Katty. Was wondering when you were gonna go there . Thought you did great job. I really enjoy your videos. You are becoming a cool play it for the song drummer. Well done. Thanks for sharing
    Thank you very much I really appreciate that! I always try to play for the song.. Of course, there's nothing wrong with having a bit of fun here and there, but I love music as a whole so I tend to try and give it what I think it needs.

I've been wondering about a Katy Perry song for a while, I do like her music and love playing to her songs.. then I've heard this song on just about every radio station on my way to work, so had to give it a go!

Thanks once again for your feedback, I really do appreciate it, and I'm glad you enjoy the videos! Hopefully there will be many more to come

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Chazbo View Post
    Thank you very much I really appreciate that! I always try to play for the song.. Of course, there's nothing wrong with having a bit of fun here and there, but I love music as a whole so I tend to try and give it what I think it needs.

I've been wondering about a Katy Perry song for a while, I do like her music and love playing to her songs.. then I've heard this song on just about every radio station on my way to work, so had to give it a go!

Thanks once again for your feedback, I really do appreciate it, and I'm glad you enjoy the videos! Hopefully there will be many more to come
    I did cover of 1 of her songs awhile back made it my own so That was a lot of fun

User Info Menu

Sounds good, have you got any on Youtube? Would love to see some