Thread: Where to Look...

User Info Menu

Default Where to Look...

Were looking for a singer.. how should I go about finding one?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Where to Look...

well try listenin for some good singers while gettin drum stuff or at work. If theyre good, ask em if they got a band (chances are they dont but still do it). If they say no, invite em and go from there.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

PearlDrummer18 Guest

You might try an add in the paper or just put the word out that your needing a singer and see if anyone replies to ya.

User Info Menu

Try Craigslist?????
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Craig's List MIGHT work depending on where you are.

You have to be careful, though. There are some very weird people on there. I've also found that the talent pool on Craig's List (at least in my area) is not very good.

User Info Menu

craigslist is a thought... but im not gonna suggest it. Find someone the old fashioned way. I got in my band dat way.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Public Auditions.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    well try listenin for some good singers while gettin drum stuff or at work. If theyre good, ask em if they got a band (chances are they dont but still do it). If they say no, invite em and go from there.
    Best solution right here. There are a lot of people that can sing reasonably well, but have never really thought about being in a band. Another place to check is (don't cringe!)...karaoke. There are some talented people involved in that.

all the best...

User Info Menu

I would ever suggest looking up a singer forum on the web(there's a forum for almost anything). lol There's probably a forum for those who love forums. have had some fast hits off of craigslist but it seems to fizzle out after a week or so, and alot of people try sending you garbage. Or put up a flyer in a music store. best of luck.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fredr View Post
    Were looking for a singer.. how should I go about finding one?
    1. Throw that question to everyone you talk to musician or not, you keep asking and someone will have a bell ring sooner or later.

2. Don't ask, they don't tell... lol

Word of mouth had gotten me a lot of drum gigs alone, night here weekend there. But when I've been looking to put a group and needing a lead, rhythm or singer it's always worked for me to call everyone I know and let it be known I'm looking. It's never failed.

If you think Creigslist is going to put up weirdo's meet them for coffee somewhere with one of the other guys in the band and check them out see where their coming from before you decide to try 'em out...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Best solution right here. There are a lot of people that can sing reasonably well, but have never really thought about being in a band. Another place to check is (don't cringe!)...karaoke. There are some talented people involved in that.

all the best...
    I have to agree with Kay also here, but beware it could get sticky at times. You have watched American Idol auditions, yes?
    Some people just don't have a clue! lol

User Info Menu

post an ad at a local music store
    The only way to catch a butterfly is never waiting for the wings.

User Info Menu

Talking A Second opinion...

or swipe one? hehehe.....

of course you should wait until he/she has moved on from the previous endeavor (group/play/choral group).

- Leigh