Thread: Yamaha Absolute Hybrid Maple Snare - The goodness gracious moment

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha Absolute Hybrid Maple Snare - The goodness gracious moment

Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha Absolute Hybrid Maple Snare - The goodness gracious moment

Nice. I love those lugs too! Convenient for quick head changes. I used to have a Yamaha custom maple and it was my favorite snare for years.

User Info Menu

WOW, that is stunning. I had that exact kit in white and the snare was phenomenal
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Stunning doesn't cover it. That is a work of art. How does it sound?

User Info Menu

Nice to know I'm in good company. A little late to the game but I made it.

Thunderstruck, to be honest I don't like the way it sounds. It might be the control dot head. The snare is dry and dead. Got some new heads on the way.

More to come.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Nice to know I'm in good company. A little late to the game but I made it.

Thunderstruck, to be honest I don't like the way it sounds. It might be the control dot head. The snare is dry and dead. Got some new heads on the way.

More to come.
    Yeah being a hybrid snare and having those die cast hoops I had the same issue. I remember trying a few heads before finally going to old faithful (amb. Coated) and WOW she woke up big time.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Yeah being a hybrid snare and having those die cast hoops I had the same issue. I remember trying a few heads before finally going to old faithful (amb. Coated) and WOW she woke up big time.
    That's what I'm hoping for, too.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Nice. I love those lugs too! Convenient for quick head changes. I used to have a Yamaha custom maple and it was my favorite snare for years.
    Head swap last night. First time encountering that style of lug. 0 love. lol

However the head swap made a huge difference in the tone quality. For the better I might add.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Single coated wins again. Good call!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    Stunning doesn't cover it. That is a work of art. How does it sound?
    Much better with a single ply coated head.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Really glad you sorted it out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Single coated wins again. Good call!
    It is amazing the difference in sound that snare has with a 2ply vs single ply head. I have had other snares with a small difference you can tell but that snare i remember standing out because it was such a big change for the better. Congrats and enjoy bud!
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Nice snare, Yamaha stuff is so good.

The only kit on my short list is an Absolute Hybrid Maple..... and maybe a RC, hahaha.

User Info Menu

It is amazing the difference in sound that snare has with a 2ply vs single ply head. I have had other snares with a small difference you can tell but that snare i remember standing out because it was such a big change for the better. Congrats and enjoy bud!
    Thank you. I am enjoying it. Tuned low-med-high it works everywhere. Loving it.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Exotic Matter View Post
    Nice snare, Yamaha stuff is so good.

The only kit on my short list is an Absolute Hybrid Maple..... and maybe a RC, hahaha.
    Since I have the maple custom absolute and the recording customs, I will agree those are two kits to own and enjoy. I'm about to add a third back to the herd. Oak Customs. Should have them later this week. (Teaser: It matches the snare)
    Signature here