Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
Results 1,101 to 1,111 of 1111

Thread: PDP Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: PDP Drums Discussion

Man those fine tooth lug screw and swivel nuts are just wayyyy too finicky for me. I can never completely hand tighten most of them even with grease and just got so tired of playing with one of them I stripped the friggin thing out. PDP customer service got right back to me and are shipping me a few but my lord what a PITA to try and change heads on this kit so far. I owned a Collectors kit and never had an issue so something is lacking at pdp QC.20210222_134432.jpg
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Man those fine tooth lug screw and swivel nuts are just wayyyy too finicky for me. I can never completely hand tighten most of them even with grease and just got so tired of playing with one of them I stripped the friggin thing out. PDP customer service got right back to me and are shipping me a few but my lord what a PITA to try and change heads on this kit so far. I owned a Collectors kit and never had an issue so something is lacking at pdp QC.
    yeah I can't hand tighten my classic concept maple kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    yeah I can't hand tighten my classic concept maple kit
    I thought that maybe the black plastic hole was too small (which I still think it is) so I bored a few out but they still get bogged down most of the time.. So disappointing. I change heads or atleast remove them and wipe bearing edges a few times a year and this is not going to work long term for me. Hopefully they send me some new ones quickly. Friend of mone is interested in buying them but I cannot sell em now.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Hi guys was pretty active here a few years ago and then life happened , and moved into an apt. And had to convert my kit to electronic. I lived on the second floor! Anyway, I now have a PDP Concept Maple 7pc., that I can play acoustically. I don't gig. Play home to music. So stock heads usually suck Those, who own this kit, what heads are you using. I was thinking coated Ambassador snare top , and clear Ambassador bottom, and then clear Emperors on toms and clear Ambassadors bottom. BTW,I will use either an Odery 14 by 7 Maple snare or a Pdp 14 by 6 Metal snare which will all get new heads. Still in boxes don't even know what heads are on them, but usually ,garbaggio!
    Last edited by hemiboy; 08-22-2022 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Mistypes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hemiboy View Post
    Hi guys was pretty active here a few years ago and then life happened , and moved into an apt. And had to convert my kit to electronic. I lived on the second floor! Anyway, I now have a PDP Concept Maple 7pc., that I can play acoustically. I don't gig. Play home to music. So stock heads usually suck Those, who own this kit, what heads are you using. I was thinking coated Ambassador snare top , and clear Ambassador bottom, and then clear Emperors on toms and clear Ambassadors bottom. BTW,I will use either an Odery 14 by 7 Maple snare or a Pdp 14 by 6 Metal snare which will all get new heads. Still in boxes don't even know what heads are on them, but usually ,garbaggio!
    I think that is a good combination. In most cases the snares come with a Remo Ambassador which is ideal and may only have to change out snare side. You might also consider clear pinstripes for the tom batters if you want a more subdued tonal quality.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Hello PDP Guys!
    Fellow PDP'er here. I play a Concept Maple in natural finish.
    Hopefully there are more PDP peeps here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PDP_Drummer View Post
    Hello PDP Guys!
    Fellow PDP'er here. I play a Concept Maple in natural finish.
    Hopefully there are more PDP peeps here
    Welcome to Drum Chat.

I had a nice setup when they first came out. Been about 15 years. Loved it.

DSC01610.jpg

DSC01615.jpg

Enjoy the kit. Money well spent.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Howdy PDPers. I'm new to Drum Chat Forum. I have a PDP Concept Maple 7 Drum Kit in Dark Cherry Sparkle. Purchased a 6 Drum kit in excellent condition USED via Guitar Center. I added an 8 inch Rack Tom purchased at a great price new via Reverb. 3 Rack Toms: 8, 10, 12 inches; 2 Floor Toms 14 & 16 inches, Snare 14 X 5.5 and 22" Kick drum. Purchased in early 2021 to replace my Cheapo Gammon Kit that i gave to my 5 year old Grandson. I changed all the batter heads (using & trying various ones G2s coated, EC2s Clear and currentkly trying a Red hydraulic on the 12 inch Rack Tom), Acquarian Kick Drum reso and Batter Heads, and a HD Dry batter head on the Maple Snare. I truly enjoy them. I'm 71 YO, Retired, and play my drums about 1 hour a day to MY MUSIC for recreation in retirement. I resurrected playing drums again after 50 YEARS! In the latter part of 2018 as I was approaching retirement, my wife (of all people - of 45 years) I told her that I thought I would go to a local Music Studio to play their Drums to get it out of my system (Once you play Drums, It Remains a part of you!!). That Xmas she gifted me a Gammon starter kit and the rest is History (after shaking lots of Rust off). My only regret is that I waited Way Too Long.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer1966 View Post
    Howdy PDPers. I'm new to Drum Chat Forum. I have a PDP Concept Maple 7 Drum Kit in Dark Cherry Sparkle. Purchased a 6 Drum kit in excellent condition USED via Guitar Center. I added an 8 inch Rack Tom purchased at a great price new via Reverb. 3 Rack Toms: 8, 10, 12 inches; 2 Floor Toms 14 & 16 inches, Snare 14 X 5.5 and 22" Kick drum. Purchased in early 2021 to replace my Cheapo Gammon Kit that i gave to my 5 year old Grandson. I changed all the batter heads (using & trying various ones G2s coated, EC2s Clear and currentkly trying a Red hydraulic on the 12 inch Rack Tom), Acquarian Kick Drum reso and Batter Heads, and a HD Dry batter head on the Maple Snare. I truly enjoy them. I'm 71 YO, Retired, and play my drums about 1 hour a day to MY MUSIC for recreation in retirement. I resurrected playing drums again after 50 YEARS! In the latter part of 2018 as I was approaching retirement, my wife (of all people - of 45 years) I told her that I thought I would go to a local Music Studio to play their Drums to get it out of my system (Once you play Drums, It Remains a part of you!!). That Xmas she gifted me a Gammon starter kit and the rest is History (after shaking lots of Rust off). My only regret is that I waited Way Too Long.
    No regrets! Live in the day. Forget about yesterday and tomorrow. So glad you're able to play again and welcome to our chat forum drum brother!

User Info Menu

THX Mr. drummer - Moderator!. I hope to keep drumming for as long my Physical ailments will permit! Having Spinal Issues and Arthritis SUX !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer1966 View Post
    THX Mr. drummer - Moderator!. I hope to keep drumming for as long my Physical ailments will permit! Having Spinal Issues and Arthritis SUX !
    Welcome to Drum Chat. Good to see you getting back into it. Have fun.
    Signature here