Thread: Paiste Signature Reflector 14" Dark-Crsip HiHats

User Info Menu

Default Paiste Signature Reflector 14" Dark-Crsip HiHats

Turns out a little inside joke has been played on me thanks to my mother, she ended up spending more money on me for Christmas lol. It went something like this...
    So the friday after Christmas we went down to Guitar Center and ordered these hats. The manager estimated they would arrive around January 16th on the count of they were being made at Paiste hq, then being shipped to California, then again being shipped to Guitar Center. So I was kinda bummed by the wait, but the story had more lol.
    My mom and I were chillin yesterday and she suggested we go somewhere to eat since she had a gift card... On our way there we discovered the place was closed... So then while we were in the area she suggested we drive over to GC and ask my buddy if there was any word on the hats... So we did.
    I get in there and metioned to him that I had a show today so he went and checked. He came back saying, "It's your lucky day, bro," and pulls out a pair of Paiste 14" 101's... "They came yesterday," says he lol.
    So I was like, "Dude, are you kidding me?" turning and looking at my mom with a big smile on her face. And he goes, "Aren't these the one's you ordered?"
    I think I was possibly so angry that this was happening that I couldn't find a reply, but then just as I was about to freak, he says, "Oh wait a minute, dude, those aren't yours," and reveals my Reflectors from under the desk. So yea it was a big laugh between him and my mom, my face got really hot and red lol, luckily there were only two people in there to witness it
    So anyway... Now I've got these babies ready for my show in about an hour... Time for a real review
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Okay... these things are first off MUCH much darker than I had anticipated. The chick is so crisp and clean with a very genuine warmth to the stick. While open, they practically slice through whatever your playing like a razor knife and display excellent response. These things are heavy too, man. The bottom hat feels like about 2 pounds while the top feels around 1 pound. Dynamic range with these babies are incredible, you could go from practically nothing to tones defeating guitar amps. Other than this brief review, there's not much more I can say about these things, they just are what they are, brilliant in every way. Most likely the nicest hi hats I have ever heard from Paiste aside from some of their New Signature products and definately the nicest I've heard over any other brand. Plus the things look freakin awesome lol. If you've got the mu... buy them.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    Turns out a little inside joke has been played on me thanks to my mother, she ended up spending more money on me for Christmas lol. It went something like this...
    So the friday after Christmas we went down to Guitar Center and ordered these hats. The manager estimated they would arrive around January 16th on the count of they were being made at Paiste hq, then being shipped to California, then again being shipped to Guitar Center. So I was kinda bummed by the wait, but the story had more lol.
    My mom and I were chillin yesterday and she suggested we go somewhere to eat since she had a gift card... On our way there we discovered the place was closed... So then while we were in the area she suggested we drive over to GC and ask my buddy if there was any word on the hats... So we did.
    I get in there and metioned to him that I had a show today so he went and checked. He came back saying, "It's your lucky day, bro," and pulls out a pair of Paiste 14" 101's... "They came yesterday," says he lol.
    So I was like, "Dude, are you kidding me?" turning and looking at my mom with a big smile on her face. And he goes, "Aren't these the one's you ordered?"
    I think I was possibly so angry that this was happening that I couldn't find a reply, but then just as I was about to freak, he says, "Oh wait a minute, dude, those aren't yours," and reveals my Reflectors from under the desk. So yea it was a big laugh between him and my mom, my face got really hot and red lol, luckily there were only two people in there to witness it
    So anyway... Now I've got these babies ready for my show in about an hour... Time for a real review

HAHA!
    Thats a funny story. I have a paiste 101 ride and i wouldn't wish 101's on my worst enemy. And cogratulations on your new hats!

User Info Menu

nice bro and thats an awesome story
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

lol .....
    Cool story....I can feel your anger dude....

But congrats on your Paiste Signature hats....Cool Items....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Lol!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered