Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get any drum gear for Christmas?

User Info Menu

Default Anyone get any drum gear for Christmas?

I got this bad boy.

P2050C-large.jpg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anyone get any drum gear for Christmas?

Nothing new in the barn. It all happened a month ago.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Nice pedal Tom! How do you like it?

My wife and I don't trade major gifts at Christmas anymore. Over the course of this year I spent a crazy amount on gear, so I'm certainly not complaining.

I did order some practice pads and low volume cymbals after Christmas, so that sort of counts.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Nice pedal drummer, looks just like the old eliminators, can you change the cam on that? I got about $175 worth of gift cards to GC and have my eye on the ludwig drum rug for gigging. Tired of fighting my current wal mart special.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I got a hilarious new drum shirt. Worlds most okayest drummer lol

User Info Menu

I also received a funny drum shirt from my daughter in-law. Picture of a drum set with the words, "The Tempo Is What I say It Is."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    I also received a funny drum shirt from my daughter in-law. Picture of a drum set with the words, "The Tempo Is What I say It Is."
    I want one of those!
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I received a nice black with gold lettering Zildjian hat .. and a high tension drum key... love it.

If you've never used a high tension key .. try it sometime and you may never go back to a keychain key.. except for emergencies
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Not right on Christmas, but the day after I was my own Santa and got a new 3 piece Ludwig Classic Maple downbeat set in white sparkle. 12/14/20.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Not right on Christmas, but the day after I was my own Santa and got a new 3 piece Ludwig Classic Maple downbeat set in white sparkle. 12/14/20.
    was that from DCP?
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    was that from DCP?
    Yes it was, actually.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post
    Nice pedal Tom! How do you like it?
    I love the action but it doesn't have the mechanism to lock it down on the hoop from the side like I prefer. But it's OK, she knew I was looking at those and found one in good shape. I'll probably play it for awhile and upgrade later. I love that she thought of me and did her best.

User Info Menu

No. Sod all. I got some posh soap.
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    No. Sod all. I got some posh soap.
    Say whaaaat? Well, at least you won't be a smelly drummer.

User Info Menu

Yes it was, actually.
    Nice, I came so close to buying that kit. I ended up special ordering a CM 22x16, 12x9 and 16x16 in the same white glitter color. I was tlaking to shane about buying that just so I could have the smaller bass drum and floor tom to go with my new kit but the 12" tom was a sticking point. I already have that exact size and he could not break up that kit. I played on that a little. Great kit and color is soo nice in person and on stage. Congrats!
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Thanks! I've been wanting a kit with a 20" bass drum for some time now, and I couldn't pass it up for the price. And I can see what you mean about wanting to add on, but there's seemingly always that one drum that is the wrench in the works.
    DrumCraft Series 8 satin white
    Ludwig Keystone X blue sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple white sparkle
    DW Classics Series emerald onyx
    DW Jazz Series ruby sparkle
    DW, Yamaha, & Gilbraltar hardware
    Zildjian and Sabian cymbals
    Other stuff I forget I even have.

User Info Menu

Hello Everyone.
    I'm new to the forum and new to drumming. I got my first drum kit for Christmas. I got a Natal Arcadia am fusion 22 kit in Black sparkle sunburst.
    At 57 years old I'm a late starter but I am having loads of fun since I opened it on Christmas day!
    I've been playing electric guitar all my life and also play bass, sing and do quite a bit of songwriting and recording.
    Like a lot of people I always fancied having a drum kit. Fortunately I have no neighbours within several hundred yards.
    I bought the kit with hardware bur no cymbals. So I got Paiste hi hats and a crash second hand. When I'm a better drummer I would like to get a set of red Paiste colorsounds.
    My partner set up the Kit for me before Christmas by watching Youtube videos on how to do it and by watching videos on how to tune them.
    I can play a basic beat with both hands and feet going, as I had a few goes when I was in bands as a youngster.
    For the last six days I have been playing every day, drumming along to my favourite songs, just to get comfortable with the kit.
    I hope to learn to play properly either by watching tuition videos or maybe by having some lessons.
    My dream is to be good enough to play on some of my own songs.
    To my untrained ear the kit sounds amazingly good, especially the snare. I am happy with the two rack toms. The floor tom sounds rather low and boomy to me
    so we may retune that one. My partner says my bass drum sounds a little bit flabby so we are going to retune that one as well.
    The kit was hidden under a sheet until Christmas morning. I chose it online but was stunned to see just how lovely it looks in real life.
    You are never too old for a Christmas surprise!
    I think my partner did well to set it up so well without any previous experience. It all feels comfortable and I think my playing is going well.
    I have joined the forum as I am sure I will have lots of rookie questions.
    It's nice to be among others who love drums. If anyone has any advice or tips for a newbie, I'm all ears!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rane View Post
    Hello Everyone.
    I'm new to the forum and new to drumming. I got my first drum kit for Christmas. I got a Natal Arcadia am fusion 22 kit in Black sparkle sunburst.
    At 57 years old I'm a late starter but I am having loads of fun since I opened it on Christmas day!
    I've been playing electric guitar all my life and also play bass, sing and do quite a bit of songwriting and recording.
    Like a lot of people I always fancied having a drum kit. Fortunately I have no neighbours within several hundred yards.
    I bought the kit with hardware bur no cymbals. So I got Paiste hi hats and a crash second hand. When I'm a better drummer I would like to get a set of red Paiste colorsounds.
    My partner set up the Kit for me before Christmas by watching Youtube videos on how to do it and by watching videos on how to tune them.
    I can play a basic beat with both hands and feet going, as I had a few goes when I was in bands as a youngster.
    For the last six days I have been playing every day, drumming along to my favourite songs, just to get comfortable with the kit.
    I hope to learn to play properly either by watching tuition videos or maybe by having some lessons.
    My dream is to be good enough to play on some of my own songs.
    To my untrained ear the kit sounds amazingly good, especially the snare. I am happy with the two rack toms. The floor tom sounds rather low and boomy to me
    so we may retune that one. My partner says my bass drum sounds a little bit flabby so we are going to retune that one as well.
    The kit was hidden under a sheet until Christmas morning. I chose it online but was stunned to see just how lovely it looks in real life.
    You are never too old for a Christmas surprise!
    I think my partner did well to set it up so well without any previous experience. It all feels comfortable and I think my playing is going well.
    I have joined the forum as I am sure I will have lots of rookie questions.
    It's nice to be among others who love drums. If anyone has any advice or tips for a newbie, I'm all ears!
    Welcome to the forum Rane. I started at 40 yrs old and am now 53 and have loved every minute so far. Have learned a lot but have soo much more to learn. I cannot stress enough the importance of getting at least 10-20 lessons with a good local instructor who can catch bad habits before they start and that will save you a ton of time and possible injuries going forward. I am close to buying a set of black color sounds soon but not till I can hear em in person this weekend. All the video's I have heard sound great. Feel free to ask any questions as we were all beginners once and just about everyone on here is pretty good with answers and not being sarcastic about it.. well maybe a lil sarcastc haha.. Welcome again and Congrats on the new kit.......Oh yeah I almost forgot, one of the rules we have here is when you buy new gear you have to post a picture or 3 of it or else it did not happen : )
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Thanks for the lovely welcome. Here are some photos of my new Natal Arcadia kit...

User Info Menu

Wow, I usually don't like the fade but it looks great against the sparkle! Beautiful!

User Info Menu

Wow Rane, I think they look super!!!

User Info Menu

Great looking kit, love Natals lugs. Here is my new rug, just came in yesterday. Much bigger than my old wal mart special and also much lighter and stays rolled up.
    20191231_170838.jpg
    20191231_170621.jpg
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Great looking kit, love Natals lugs. Here is my new rug, just came in yesterday. Much bigger than my old wal mart special and also much lighter and stays rolled up.
    20191231_170838.jpg
    20191231_170621.jpg
    I like that. What size is it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rane View Post
    Thanks for the lovely welcome. Here are some photos of my new Natal Arcadia kit...

Oh man.

Internet win for the day.

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Drum Chat.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I like that. What size is it?
    79" x 63-1/2"
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy